Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Installing Windows x64 version with Raid

Installing Windows x64 version with Raid

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FzZXk=?=

I have used RAID on my old 32bit computer, but now I am upgrading. When I am
installing I press F6 and then add the specified device with the disk (has
downloaded drivers for the 64bit version). Instalation continues and I choose
the hard drive to use (it shows up fine after using the RAID disk) and I
format the drives, but when that is done it goes to a screen asking me to
reinsert the RAID disk. When I do that it doesn't work. I was wondering if
anyone knew the specific files it was looking for or what. When I download
the driver it gave me a bunch of stuff and I thought I followed the readme
correctly. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jean-Baptiste Faure [NNBXX]

We need more info in order to help you. Please let us know which RAID
controller you have (type, brand and model), which motherboard (brand and
model) and which CPU(s).

"Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have used RAID on my old 32bit computer, but now I am upgrading. When I
>am
> installing I press F6 and then add the specified device with the disk (has
> downloaded drivers for the 64bit version). Instalation continues and I
> choose
> the hard drive to use (it shows up fine after using the RAID disk) and I
> format the drives, but when that is done it goes to a screen asking me to
> reinsert the RAID disk. When I do that it doesn't work. I was wondering if
> anyone knew the specific files it was looking for or what. When I download
> the driver it gave me a bunch of stuff and I thought I followed the readme
> correctly. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!

John Barnes

Also be sure you install all required drivers at F6. Nvidia, for instance
has 2 drivers required, the RAID and Controller drivers.

"Jean-Baptiste Faure [NNBXX]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We need more info in order to help you. Please let us know which RAID
> controller you have (type, brand and model), which motherboard (brand and
> model) and which CPU(s).
>
> "Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have used RAID on my old 32bit computer, but now I am upgrading. When I
>>am
>> installing I press F6 and then add the specified device with the disk
>> (has
>> downloaded drivers for the 64bit version). Instalation continues and I
>> choose
>> the hard drive to use (it shows up fine after using the RAID disk) and I
>> format the drives, but when that is done it goes to a screen asking me to
>> reinsert the RAID disk. When I do that it doesn't work. I was wondering
>> if
>> anyone knew the specific files it was looking for or what. When I
>> download
>> the driver it gave me a bunch of stuff and I thought I followed the
>> readme
>> correctly. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FzZXk=?=

Ok, the motherboard is MSI brand. It reads "MS-7032 (K8T Neo-V/K8M Neo-V)
v1.X ATX". I'm not too sure about the Raid. On the Driver disk it reads,
"G72-VASA040 VIA SATA RAID DRIVER FOR VT6420/VT8237" When I turn
on the computer it says the cpu is an "AMD Athalon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+" I
hope this helps, thanks!

"Jean-Baptiste Faure [NNBXX]" wrote:

> We need more info in order to help you. Please let us know which RAID
> controller you have (type, brand and model), which motherboard (brand and
> model) and which CPU(s).
>
> "Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have used RAID on my old 32bit computer, but now I am upgrading. When I
> >am
> > installing I press F6 and then add the specified device with the disk (has
> > downloaded drivers for the 64bit version). Instalation continues and I
> > choose
> > the hard drive to use (it shows up fine after using the RAID disk) and I
> > format the drives, but when that is done it goes to a screen asking me to
> > reinsert the RAID disk. When I do that it doesn't work. I was wondering if
> > anyone knew the specific files it was looking for or what. When I download
> > the driver it gave me a bunch of stuff and I thought I followed the readme
> > correctly. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks!

Rick

You need 64-bit drivers for the Via SATA. I don't think there are any
64-bit drivers on the distribution disk. You can get the current
drivers at: www.viaarena.com Select the Windows XP 64-bit IDE, RAID &
SATA Drivers, unzip the file, and copy the contents of the "drvdisk"
folder to the root of a formatted floppy. You should have 3 entires in
the root of the floppy:

AMD64
i386
txtsetup.oem

Casey wrote:
> Ok, the motherboard is MSI brand. It reads "MS-7032 (K8T Neo-V/K8M Neo-V)
> v1.X ATX". I'm not too sure about the Raid. On the Driver disk it reads,
> "G72-VASA040 VIA SATA RAID DRIVER FOR VT6420/VT8237" When I turn
> on the computer it says the cpu is an "AMD Athalon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+" I
> hope this helps, thanks!
>
> "Jean-Baptiste Faure [NNBXX]" wrote:
>

>>We need more info in order to help you. Please let us know which RAID
>>controller you have (type, brand and model), which motherboard (brand and
>>model) and which CPU(s).
>>
>>"Casey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>I have used RAID on my old 32bit computer, but now I am upgrading. When I
>>>am
>>>installing I press F6 and then add the specified device with the disk (has
>>>downloaded drivers for the 64bit version). Instalation continues and I
>>>choose
>>>the hard drive to use (it shows up fine after using the RAID disk) and I
>>>format the drives, but when that is done it goes to a screen asking me to
>>>reinsert the RAID disk. When I do that it doesn't work. I was wondering if
>>>anyone knew the specific files it was looking for or what. When I download
>>>the driver it gave me a bunch of stuff and I thought I followed the readme
>>>correctly. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
>>>
>>>Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FzZXk=?=

Thank you so much, it appears to have worked. The drivers I had originally
tried were from MSI's website but I couldn't get them to work. The download
from the link you provided worked on the first try. Thank you so much!