Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Drivers for HP

Drivers for HP

=?Utf-8?B?Si1uLVRleGFz?=

Does anyone know where I can find drivers for a laser printer that runs on
windows XP Pro x64?

Thanx in advance
J-N-Texas

Rick

What make and model laser printer are you looking for? The are drivers
included in x64 and there are some available via download.

J-n-Texas wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find drivers for a laser printer that runs on
> windows XP Pro x64?
>
> Thanx in advance
> J-N-Texas

DKI

Have you checked the manufuctures site for drivers to the printer.

If there are none it would be best to contact them about X64 support and see
what they say.

"J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know where I can find drivers for a laser printer that runs on
> windows XP Pro x64?
>
> Thanx in advance
> J-N-Texas

Colin Barnhorst MVP

HP. They are pretty good in indicating on the product website the status of
x64 drivers and compatible printer drivers that can substitute.

"J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know where I can find drivers for a laser printer that runs on
> windows XP Pro x64?
>
> Thanx in advance
> J-N-Texas

=?Utf-8?B?Si1uLVRleGFz?=

I'm looking for drivers for a HP 2550n Laserjet printer. On the HP website
they say that there are no drivers for this printer at this time. I was also
wondering if there isn't a way to run the OS in a 32 bit mode so to speak so
that I can at least use my old software.

"Colin Barnhorst MVP" wrote:

> HP. They are pretty good in indicating on the product website the status of
> x64 drivers and compatible printer drivers that can substitute.
>
> "J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone know where I can find drivers for a laser printer that runs on
> > windows XP Pro x64?
> >
> > Thanx in advance
> > J-N-Texas

Andre Da Costa

Charlie Russel wrote:
use the HP 2500C drivers, either PCL or Postscript. They should
work acceptibly until the right drivers are available.

--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for drivers for a HP 2550n Laserjet printer. On the HP
> website
> they say that there are no drivers for this printer at this time. I was
> also
> wondering if there isn't a way to run the OS in a 32 bit mode so to speak
> so
> that I can at least use my old software.
>
> "Colin Barnhorst MVP" wrote:
>
>> HP. They are pretty good in indicating on the product website the status
>> of
>> x64 drivers and compatible printer drivers that can substitute.
>>
>> "J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Does anyone know where I can find drivers for a laser printer that runs
>> > on
>> > windows XP Pro x64?
>> >
>> > Thanx in advance
>> > J-N-Texas

Colin Barnhorst MVP

There is no 32-bit OS mode. There is WOW64 which runs 32-bit programs on
x64, but that is not a way to run 32-bit device drivers on x64. You can
only run 64-bit device drivers on x64.

"J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for drivers for a HP 2550n Laserjet printer. On the HP
> website
> they say that there are no drivers for this printer at this time. I was
> also
> wondering if there isn't a way to run the OS in a 32 bit mode so to speak
> so
> that I can at least use my old software.
>
> "Colin Barnhorst MVP" wrote:
>
>> HP. They are pretty good in indicating on the product website the status
>> of
>> x64 drivers and compatible printer drivers that can substitute.
>>
>> "J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Does anyone know where I can find drivers for a laser printer that runs
>> > on
>> > windows XP Pro x64?
>> >
>> > Thanx in advance
>> > J-N-Texas

=?Utf-8?B?Si1uLVRleGFz?=

What is WOW 64 what does it do and where is it available at?
Thanx
J-N-Texas

"Colin Barnhorst MVP" wrote:

> There is no 32-bit OS mode. There is WOW64 which runs 32-bit programs on
> x64, but that is not a way to run 32-bit device drivers on x64. You can
> only run 64-bit device drivers on x64.
>
> "J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm looking for drivers for a HP 2550n Laserjet printer. On the HP
> > website
> > they say that there are no drivers for this printer at this time. I was
> > also
> > wondering if there isn't a way to run the OS in a 32 bit mode so to speak
> > so
> > that I can at least use my old software.
> >
> > "Colin Barnhorst MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> HP. They are pretty good in indicating on the product website the status
> >> of
> >> x64 drivers and compatible printer drivers that can substitute.
> >>
> >> "J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?Si1uLVRleGFz?=

When I tried to install the drivers you mention it pops up and says "the file
is valid for for a machine other than what I have".............this is really
getting frustrating please help.

Thanx Again

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Charlie Russel wrote:
> use the HP 2500C drivers, either PCL or Postscript. They should
> work acceptibly until the right drivers are available.
>
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> "J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm looking for drivers for a HP 2550n Laserjet printer. On the HP
> > website
> > they say that there are no drivers for this printer at this time. I was
> > also
> > wondering if there isn't a way to run the OS in a 32 bit mode so to speak
> > so
> > that I can at least use my old software.
> >
> > "Colin Barnhorst MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> HP. They are pretty good in indicating on the product website the status
> >> of
> >> x64 drivers and compatible printer drivers that can substitute.
> >>
> >> "J-n-Texas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Rick

WOW64 is the software layer included in Win x64 that runs 32-bit
software, but it will not support 32-bit drivers. You must have 64 bit
drivers for any device that does not have a 64-bit driver included in
the shipped version of Win x64.