Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > nForce4 Audio Driver

nForce4 Audio Driver

=?Utf-8?B?QVNJQ19EdWRl?=

I better not let the boss see this message as I don't get paid to listen to
music...

The nForce4 audio driver does not seem to load on my Shuttle XPC SN25 box.
I have both the 6.66 (hmm, someone has a sick sense of humor) and the 4.62
without any luck.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a fix?

I would like to thank everyone who promptly replied to my previous message.
I feel like I'm not the only person suffering through the slings and arrows
XP x64

I run some complicated CAD software for chip design and embedded software
development. All of my apps have functioned without problem.

I'm quite pleasantly surprised overall. BTW, my ATI drivers installed
effortlessly and Windows XP x64 even detected my graphics card right out of
the box.

Thanks again to everyone...
Wayne

John Barnes

You should go to your motherboard site and find the audio drivers. Most
motherboards now seam to use the Realtek AC97. Have you checked Windows
Update for drivers?
They may be there at least if they are the AC97 since they are WHQL.

"ASIC_Dude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I better not let the boss see this message as I don't get paid to listen to
> music...
>
> The nForce4 audio driver does not seem to load on my Shuttle XPC SN25 box.
> I have both the 6.66 (hmm, someone has a sick sense of humor) and the 4.62
> without any luck.
>
> Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a fix?
>
> I would like to thank everyone who promptly replied to my previous
> message.
> I feel like I'm not the only person suffering through the slings and
> arrows
> XP x64
>
> I run some complicated CAD software for chip design and embedded software
> development. All of my apps have functioned without problem.
>
> I'm quite pleasantly surprised overall. BTW, my ATI drivers installed
> effortlessly and Windows XP x64 even detected my graphics card right out
> of
> the box.
>
> Thanks again to everyone...
> Wayne

DKI

This is a wild guess but most PCs i seen come with the realtek onboard sound
card. i know there are others out there but this is on a wild guess since i
seen more mobos with realtek than any other onboard sound. And since the
Nforce one ain't working its a possibility it is realtek.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
give there a try and the drivers. if not then can you find out your sound
card from the manufucture and give us a clue as to the manufucture of the
onboard sound.