Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows XP 64 Bit Edition, Media Player 10 and Symantec Antivirus1

Windows XP 64 Bit Edition, Media Player 10 and Symantec Antivirus1

=?Utf-8?B?Q3lCZVJqVW5LaUU=?=

I'm finding an annoying bug that seems to **** mee off every time I run an
application that runs Media Player 10. Every once in a while, when I'm
listening to music or watching a clip on MP 10 (I think even on MP9 also) I
would get the message from the computer that my virus definitions are out of
date. Even though they are. Then when I open Symantec Antivirus it seems
the definitions would have gone to first set of definitions it had on the cd.
I then have to redownload the defintions again, but if I have my MP10
playing, I'll get the same problem. I would have to shut down MP10 then
rerun the update for SAV10. It seems that the combinitation seems to corrupt
the SAV10 definitions. Has anyone else experienced this? I've reinstalled
the AV and even the OS just to make sure, and I keep getting the same result.
Mind you it doesn't always happen, but if I continously listen to MP3's,
then that's when I'll notice the MS shield notifying me to update my
definitions. Very odd...but here's my specs in case it's a hardware issue..

AMD64 3200+
ASUS AV8 MB
1GB DUAL CHANNEL
6 HDD's (VARIES IN SIZES)

I built another machine using a gigabyte mb, and I can't remember if it gave
me the same problem since I never tested it thoroughly enough. But I do
remember the SAV10 worked alot better on it and never had any problems with
it. Could it be a MB issue? Or is it SAV10 poor design. Or is there a leak
in MP10? Some help with this issue would be very much appreciated,
otherwise, while WIN64 is nice, I hate the fact the it has no drivers.
Hopefully Vista will have a better range of product support.

Wayne Wastier

Why not use WinAmp ? It whips the llama's behind. LOL

Wayne

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

That cruelty animals Wayne, we wouldn't want to encourage that, LOL.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why not use WinAmp ? It whips the llama's behind. LOL
>

> Wayne

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That cruelty animals Wayne, we wouldn't want to encourage that, LOL.
> --
> Andre

LOL. Here is what I was referring to. )

Jud Hendrix

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:18:47 -0500, "Wayne Wastier"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>LOL. Here is what I was referring to. )

Please. No binaries for those of us still on dial-up.
Thanks

jud

Wayne Wastier

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:18:47 -0500, "Wayne Wastier"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>LOL. Here is what I was referring to. )

> Please. No binaries for those of us still on dial-up.
> Thanks
>
> jud

LOL. You do know that 11 Kb, even on dial-up is fast. )

Wayne

Jud Hendrix

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:35:36 -0500, "Wayne Wastier"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>LOL. You do know that 11 Kb, even on dial-up is fast. )

Yes... but, before it get's a habit here

jud

=?Utf-8?B?Q3lCZVJqVW5LaUU=?=

Because it seems to happen on WinAmp as well. Come to think of it, it seems
to happen on majority of the items that reads audio in certain MP3 formats.
Is it possible that it's a driver issue?