Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > SATA Driver Install Update

SATA Driver Install Update

=?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

How do I use the F6 optional to preinstall the 64 bit updated driver on a
fresh x64 install using the floppy if the driver is 32.6 MB. I downloaded the
64 bit drive from giga-byte for my GA-K8NSC-939. This is a preinstall
question, trying to get my ducks all lines up. Thank-you in advance for any
help.

honjo

Zofo61 wrote:
> How do I use the F6 optional to preinstall the 64 bit updated driver on a
> fresh x64 install using the floppy if the driver is 32.6 MB. I downloaded the
> 64 bit drive from giga-byte for my GA-K8NSC-939. This is a preinstall
> question, trying to get my ducks all lines up. Thank-you in advance for any
> help.

This file is not just for SATA drivers. You have to copy those for SATA
to a floppy disk. The manual should tell the details. If the manual
does not help, then extract files and folders out of the downloaded file
and examine them to determine what files are for SATA drivers.

Kaz

=?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

Thank-you

"honjo" wrote:

> Zofo61 wrote:
> > How do I use the F6 optional to preinstall the 64 bit updated driver on a
> > fresh x64 install using the floppy if the driver is 32.6 MB. I downloaded the
> > 64 bit drive from giga-byte for my GA-K8NSC-939. This is a preinstall
> > question, trying to get my ducks all lines up. Thank-you in advance for any
> > help.

> This file is not just for SATA drivers. You have to copy those for SATA
> to a floppy disk. The manual should tell the details. If the manual
> does not help, then extract files and folders out of the downloaded file
> and examine them to determine what files are for SATA drivers.
>
> Kaz

Charlie Russel - MVP

Once expanded, you should see a subfolder with a name like 'DriverDisk' or
'drivers' or something similar. And there's sure to be a readme file,
probably in the root of the expanded download, that details which files need
to go on the floppy. Failing either of those, look for a folder with a file
called "TXTSETUP.OEM" and below that either subfolders by OS type, or in the
same folder a set of 3 or more files: [device].inf, [device].cat, and
[device].sys where [device] is replaced by the short name for the SATA
controller.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Zofo61 wrote:
> How do I use the F6 optional to preinstall the 64 bit updated driver on a
> fresh x64 install using the floppy if the driver is 32.6 MB. I downloaded
> the 64 bit drive from giga-byte for my GA-K8NSC-939. This is a preinstall
> question, trying to get my ducks all lines up. Thank-you in advance for
> any help.

=?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

I see the file you are talking about except for the (device).cat. I have the
nvraid.sys and the nvraid.inf with the file (not folder) txtsetup.oem. There
is a nvraidco.dll however. Thanks for your patience
Chris

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Once expanded, you should see a subfolder with a name like 'DriverDisk' or
> 'drivers' or something similar. And there's sure to be a readme file,
> probably in the root of the expanded download, that details which files need
> to go on the floppy. Failing either of those, look for a folder with a file
> called "TXTSETUP.OEM" and below that either subfolders by OS type, or in the
> same folder a set of 3 or more files: [device].inf, [device].cat, and
> [device].sys where [device] is replaced by the short name for the SATA
> controller.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Zofo61 wrote:
> > How do I use the F6 optional to preinstall the 64 bit updated driver on a
> > fresh x64 install using the floppy if the driver is 32.6 MB. I downloaded
> > the 64 bit drive from giga-byte for my GA-K8NSC-939. This is a preinstall
> > question, trying to get my ducks all lines up. Thank-you in advance for
> > any help.

=?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

Charlie,
There are also these files: nvatabus.inf and nvatabus.sys but no (device).cat
Thanks again

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Once expanded, you should see a subfolder with a name like 'DriverDisk' or
> 'drivers' or something similar. And there's sure to be a readme file,
> probably in the root of the expanded download, that details which files need
> to go on the floppy. Failing either of those, look for a folder with a file
> called "TXTSETUP.OEM" and below that either subfolders by OS type, or in the
> same folder a set of 3 or more files: [device].inf, [device].cat, and
> [device].sys where [device] is replaced by the short name for the SATA
> controller.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Zofo61 wrote:
> > How do I use the F6 optional to preinstall the 64 bit updated driver on a
> > fresh x64 install using the floppy if the driver is 32.6 MB. I downloaded
> > the 64 bit drive from giga-byte for my GA-K8NSC-939. This is a preinstall
> > question, trying to get my ducks all lines up. Thank-you in advance for
> > any help.

Charlie Russel - MVP

everything in that folder goes on the floppy. It's different for each oem,
and I don't happen to have an nvidia here, so don't know exactly which
files. But I would suggest that all the files in that folder are required.
(You can actually see which files are required by understanding the contents
of TXTSETUP.OEM, but parsing that file is beyond the scope of something I
can do in a NG setting. )

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Zofo61 wrote:
> Charlie,
> There are also these files: nvatabus.inf and nvatabus.sys but no
> (device).cat Thanks again
>

> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Once expanded, you should see a subfolder with a name like 'DriverDisk'
>> or 'drivers' or something similar. And there's sure to be a readme file,
>> probably in the root of the expanded download, that details which files
>> need to go on the floppy. Failing either of those, look for a folder
>> with a file called "TXTSETUP.OEM" and below that either subfolders by OS
>> type, or in the same folder a set of 3 or more files: [device].inf,
>> [device].cat, and [device].sys where [device] is replaced by the short
>> name for the SATA controller.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Zofo61 wrote:
>>> How do I use the F6 optional to preinstall the 64 bit updated driver on
>>> a fresh x64 install using the floppy if the driver is 32.6 MB. I
>>> downloaded the 64 bit drive from giga-byte for my GA-K8NSC-939. This is
>>> a preinstall question, trying to get my ducks all lines up. Thank-you
>>> in advance for any help.

Stuart

Charlie
By any chance have you covered parsing the TXTSETUP.OEM file any place where it is accessible?
I am still trying to make sense of a Promise one for Vista.
Stuart

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> everything in that folder goes on the floppy. It's different for each oem,
> and I don't happen to have an nvidia here, so don't know exactly which
> files. But I would suggest that all the files in that folder are required.
> (You can actually see which files are required by understanding the contents
> of TXTSETUP.OEM, but parsing that file is beyond the scope of something I
> can do in a NG setting. )
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Zofo61 wrote:
>> Charlie,
>> There are also these files: nvatabus.inf and nvatabus.sys but no
>> (device).cat Thanks again
>>

>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>>
>>> Once expanded, you should see a subfolder with a name like 'DriverDisk'
>>> or 'drivers' or something similar. And there's sure to be a readme file,
>>> probably in the root of the expanded download, that details which files
>>> need to go on the floppy. Failing either of those, look for a folder
>>> with a file called "TXTSETUP.OEM" and below that either subfolders by OS
>>> type, or in the same folder a set of 3 or more files: [device].inf,
>>> [device].cat, and [device].sys where [device] is replaced by the short
>>> name for the SATA controller.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP

No, I haven't. And frankly, I wouldn't presume to. I've done some work with
this stuff, but I am not even vaguely an expert with it. But remember, GIYF.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Stuart wrote:
> Charlie
> By any chance have you covered parsing the TXTSETUP.OEM file any place
> where it is accessible?
> I am still trying to make sense of a Promise one for Vista.
> Stuart

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> everything in that folder goes on the floppy. It's different for each
>> oem, and I don't happen to have an nvidia here, so don't know exactly
>> which files. But I would suggest that all the files in that folder are
>> required. (You can actually see which files are required by
>> understanding the contents of TXTSETUP.OEM, but parsing that file is
>> beyond the scope of something I can do in a NG setting. )
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Zofo61 wrote:
>>> Charlie,
>>> There are also these files: nvatabus.inf and nvatabus.sys but no
>>> (device).cat Thanks again

Stuart

Thanks for the thought.