Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > WXP32 and WXP64

WXP32 and WXP64

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

hello,
i installed windows XP professional(32)in disk C. Can i install windows XP
professional x64 in a partition of the same disk?mi computer is an athlon
x64. please...help me.

Jean-Baptiste Faure [NNBXX]

Yes, you can. I've done the same (with Win2K instead of XP Pro 32-bit, but
it makes no difference), you can dual boot without any problem. But maybe
it's better to partition your HDD *before* you install Win XP Pro 32-bit and
x64 *after* XP 32-bit, in this order.

Regards,

Jean-Baptiste

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello,
> i installed windows XP professional(32)in disk C. Can i install windows XP
> professional x64 in a partition of the same disk?mi computer is an athlon
> x64. please...help me.

Nicole & Tom

Daniel wrote:
> hello,
> i installed windows XP professional(32)in disk C. Can i install windows XP
> professional x64 in a partition of the same disk?mi computer is an athlon
> x64. please...help me.

Yes, this is what most people do until they have all of the drivers for
their peripherals sorted out.

Tom

Andre Da Costa

Dual booting between Windows XP x86 and Windows XP Pro x64 is best way to go
interms of compatibility. Just remember to install Windows XP Pro x64 after
Windows XP Professional x86.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

if and and vs if and,and titi VHDL 4 03-11-2007 05:23 AM
Any webcam for WXP64? honjo Windows 64bit 3 09-04-2006 04:09 PM

Advertisments