Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Installing X64

Installing X64

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2d2k=?=

Anyone help me please...... When installing Win 64bit on Raid 0 my system
Blue screens when its trying to do the final bit (After it has installed
hardware, and removed temp files). I did use the 64bit Intel Raid drivers.

I have even pressed F5 when installing and selecting Multiprocessor &
Uniprocessor
Also tried a repair install.

PC Spec is.

Abit AS8 Mboard
Intel P4 3.2ghz 2mb Cache
Nvidia 6600GT
2Gb DDR 400
X2 120GB SATA HDD
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS

=?Utf-8?B?enN0cmlrZTI=?=

pull the sound card out, i had the same trouble.
once x64 is up running put the sound card back in.

"Davwi" wrote:

> Anyone help me please...... When installing Win 64bit on Raid 0 my system
> Blue screens when its trying to do the final bit (After it has installed
> hardware, and removed temp files). I did use the 64bit Intel Raid drivers.
>
> I have even pressed F5 when installing and selecting Multiprocessor &
> Uniprocessor
> Also tried a repair install.
>
> PC Spec is.
>
> Abit AS8 Mboard
> Intel P4 3.2ghz 2mb Cache
> Nvidia 6600GT
> 2Gb DDR 400
> X2 120GB SATA HDD
> Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2d2k=?=

Did try that and I also disabled everything apart from USB But did not work
even took some memory out.

"zstrike2" wrote:

> pull the sound card out, i had the same trouble.
> once x64 is up running put the sound card back in.
>

> "Davwi" wrote:
>
> > Anyone help me please...... When installing Win 64bit on Raid 0 my system
> > Blue screens when its trying to do the final bit (After it has installed
> > hardware, and removed temp files). I did use the 64bit Intel Raid drivers.
> >
> > I have even pressed F5 when installing and selecting Multiprocessor &
> > Uniprocessor
> > Also tried a repair install.
> >
> > PC Spec is.
> >
> > Abit AS8 Mboard
> > Intel P4 3.2ghz 2mb Cache
> > Nvidia 6600GT
> > 2Gb DDR 400
> > X2 120GB SATA HDD
> > Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS

=?Utf-8?B?enN0cmlrZTI=?=

funny you mentioned usb. my trouble was the sound card.
but now after a few days i get blue screen and found the issue in the usb
ports.
every other boot i have to switch ports the it's resolved.
i'm using wireless keyb and mouse.
my system
asus p5nd2-sli
intell p4 d 840