Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Media Centre 2005 upgrade

Media Centre 2005 upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?YmFybmV5MTh1aw==?=

Hey I would like to get your advice people...

I currently am using Media Centre 2005, if I install the Windows XP x64 will
it stop Media Centre from working? I have an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Charlie Russel - MVP

yes. Windows Media Center Edition is part of the 32-bit Windows XP family,
and is not available on 64-bit Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

barney18uk wrote:
> Hey I would like to get your advice people...
>
> I currently am using Media Centre 2005, if I install the Windows XP x64
> will it stop Media Centre from working? I have an AMD Athlon 64 3000+
> processor.
>
> Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

But you could use a dual boot configuration if you want the best of both
worlds.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com