Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > If the Acer Ferrarri isn't pricey enough for you...

If the Acer Ferrarri isn't pricey enough for you...

M. Murcek

Charlie Russel - MVP

heck, doesn't even offer x64 Edition as an option.

I'll stick with my Ferrari.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

M. Murcek wrote:
> http://www.voodoopc.com/showRoom.aspx?categoryID=2

M. Murcek

I think you're right, Charlie. There's always a boutique product out there
for people who have more money than sense. And I got the feeling that the
voodoopc "carbon fiber" case thing is a blatant rip-off of what Acer already
did.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> heck, doesn't even offer x64 Edition as an option.
>
> I'll stick with my Ferrari.
>

> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> M. Murcek wrote:
>> http://www.voodoopc.com/showRoom.aspx?categoryID=2

Charlie Russel - MVP

I just don't see anything compelling here. Especially for the price. And
that's the opposite of my feelings about the Ferrari -- I'm still loving it.
And not feeling guilty about the price differential at all, given the
overall quality of the unit.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

M. Murcek wrote:
> I think you're right, Charlie. There's always a boutique product out
> there for people who have more money than sense. And I got the feeling
> that the voodoopc "carbon fiber" case thing is a blatant rip-off of what
> Acer already did.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> heck, doesn't even offer x64 Edition as an option.
>>
>> I'll stick with my Ferrari.
>>

>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> M. Murcek wrote:
>>> http://www.voodoopc.com/showRoom.aspx?categoryID=2

J. E. Durbin

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:57:11 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just don't see anything compelling here. Especially for the price. And
>that's the opposite of my feelings about the Ferrari -- I'm still loving it.
>And not feeling guilty about the price differential at all, given the
>overall quality of the unit.

Most of the desktop machines they offer could be home built for 25 -
35% or less of the price they charge.

Barb Bowman

I'm in 100% agreement.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes. I would agree.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

J. E. Durbin wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:57:11 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I just don't see anything compelling here. Especially for the price. And
>> that's the opposite of my feelings about the Ferrari -- I'm still loving
>> it. And not feeling guilty about the price differential at all, given the
>> overall quality of the unit.

> Most of the desktop machines they offer could be home built for 25 -
> 35% or less of the price they charge.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yup. Best computer purchase I've made in ages. Nothing against my last
couple of (x64) desktop machines, they'll be day in and day out workhorses
for a quite a while. But this Ferrari is special.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64