Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Outlook 2003 Problem

Re: Outlook 2003 Problem

mwtopham

My problem was finally fixed Microsoft office 93 has a problem with an
memory over the standard 2 mbits which xp x32 is able to read. If yo
have more than that Office outlook can not handle the problem you hav
two solutions 1. you can remove your expensive memory and limp along o
the basic or 2. you can call Microsoft and they have a hotpatch fo
Outlook 2003 that works. I did both but it took Microsoft about a wee
to fix the error and then the patch is time dated for whoever receive
it.That is why I can not post it to this site

--
mwtopha

Mike t
mwtopham's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=110
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113

Charlie Russel - MVP

Would you post the KB number that is associated with that hotfix, please?
That makes it easier for others when they have to go to MS to get it.
Thanks!

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

mwtopham wrote:
> My problem was finally fixed Microsoft office 93 has a problem with any
> memory over the standard 2 mbits which xp x32 is able to read. If you
> have more than that Office outlook can not handle the problem you have
> two solutions 1. you can remove your expensive memory and limp along on
> the basic or 2. you can call Microsoft and they have a hotpatch for
> Outlook 2003 that works. I did both but it took Microsoft about a week
> to fix the error and then the patch is time dated for whoever receives
> it.That is why I can not post it to this site.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Got it (thanks, Darrell!) -- the KB in question is: 896253.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64