Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Here is a retro desktop with updated features

Re: Here is a retro desktop with updated features

Andre Da Costa

Why does a Clock represent network places?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you think?

Wayne Wastier

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23QL7%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why does a Clock represent network places?
> --
> Andre

I don't know. It is what comes with that theme. )

Wayne

Bernhard Dietrich

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23QL7%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why does a Clock represent network places?
>> --
>> Andre

> I don't know. It is what comes with that theme. )

I think it's a compass, not a clock.

Wayne Wastier

"Bernhard Dietrich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23QL7%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Why does a Clock represent network places?
>>> --
>>> Andre

>> I don't know. It is what comes with that theme. )

> I think it's a compass, not a clock.

You are correct. Unless clocks have the letter N where 12 usually is. )

Wayne

Andre Da Costa

And I'm sure I saw a Hour, Minute and Second hand.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bernhard Dietrich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%23QL7%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> I don't know. It is what comes with that theme. )

>> I think it's a compass, not a clock.

> You are correct. Unless clocks have the letter N where 12 usually is. )
>

> Wayne

M. Murcek

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u%23zU%235%(E-Mail Removed).. .

> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:enX19q%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> And I'm sure I saw a Hour, Minute and Second hand.
>> --
>> Andre

> Just blew up the photo, and noticed it was not an N, but an H. Hmmmmm ....

Someone's very inside joke, perhaps?

Wayne Wastier

>> Just blew up the photo, and noticed it was not an N, but an H. Hmmmmm
>>

> Someone's very inside joke, perhaps?

Possibly. Or maybe the artist had one too many? Or, the artist was not a
speaker of English, and in his or her language, North begins with the letter
H ? )

Wayne

Tony Sperling

Could be a non-magnetic Navigation instrument, the number of Hands makes it
NOT a Compass, as far as I can tell. But , then, there's such a concept as
'Artistic License'?

Tony. . .

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Just blew up the photo, and noticed it was not an N, but an H. Hmmmmm
>>>

>> Someone's very inside joke, perhaps?
>>

> Possibly. Or maybe the artist had one too many? Or, the artist was not a
> speaker of English, and in his or her language, North begins with the
> letter H ? )
>

> Wayne

Wayne Wastier

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could be a non-magnetic Navigation instrument, the number of Hands makes
> it NOT a Compass, as far as I can tell. But , then, there's such a concept
> as 'Artistic License'?
>
> Tony. . .

Or maybe, Hartistic license? LOL

Wayne