Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Mediaplayer quality on a Big Screen TV

Windows Mediaplayer quality on a Big Screen TV

=?Utf-8?B?ZHJhZ29uYm1lbA==?=

I was wondering if anyone else has tried hooking into a big screen TV.

I have it hooked up to 62 inch DLP with a resolution of 1280X720.
I have udated Mediaplayer 10 and get strange colorations on screen.
Odd thing is I can run Quicktime video with perfect colors. But both
Mediaplayer and Real Player look as though it is running in 8 colors instead
of 32 bit.

Is there a patch or bug in running these players on a big screen?

I did try changing the resolution back down to 1024X768 and 800X600 but
still got the same thing. Any ideas.

For equipment I have AMD 3400+, Geforce 6800GT and a Gig of RAM. Also
running Audigy 2 ZS. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

This is a known issue
Solution #1

- Open WMP10, then go to Tools, Options, Performance, Advanced
- Disable the "Use Overlay" Option and you are done.

Solution #2
- Right click on the Desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced
- Click on the GeForce tab and choose Color correction.
- Select "All" in the "Apply Color Correction To" drop down list.
- Usually it says Desktop.
- Apply, Accept, etc., etc.

Any of these two methods will solve the problem.
Carlos

"dragonbmel" wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone else has tried hooking into a big screen TV.
>
> I have it hooked up to 62 inch DLP with a resolution of 1280X720.
> I have udated Mediaplayer 10 and get strange colorations on screen.
> Odd thing is I can run Quicktime video with perfect colors. But both
> Mediaplayer and Real Player look as though it is running in 8 colors instead
> of 32 bit.
>
> Is there a patch or bug in running these players on a big screen?
>
> I did try changing the resolution back down to 1024X768 and 800X600 but
> still got the same thing. Any ideas.
>
> For equipment I have AMD 3400+, Geforce 6800GT and a Gig of RAM. Also
> running Audigy 2 ZS. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

=?Utf-8?B?YSBxdWVzdGlvbg==?=

i ask can it run in my pc a pentium 4 H T Processor?