Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ADSL connection problems - Sparkcom+ASUS A8N-SLI

ADSL connection problems - Sparkcom+ASUS A8N-SLI

=?Utf-8?B?QW5nZWxvbWlrZTcz?=

I have a PC with a n ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard, Athlon 3500, and a Sparkcom
ADSL internal modem. I have just installed XP x64, but cannot get my
internet connection to work, hence I am unable to register the product or
download any further 64 bit drivers for items without drivers!!

The OS has not detected the modem and I am unsure whether I need a modem
driver - one doesn't exist for Sparkcom!!!

Or, to upgrade the motherboard chipset, and use this LAN connection instead
of my ADSL modem connection?

Help!!!

Andre Da Costa

Only the manufacturer can provide drivers for that modem, Microsoft does not
develop drivers, your next best option is to use LAN Connection.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"Angelomike73" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a PC with a n ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard, Athlon 3500, and a Sparkcom
> ADSL internal modem. I have just installed XP x64, but cannot get my
> internet connection to work, hence I am unable to register the product or
> download any further 64 bit drivers for items without drivers!!
>
> The OS has not detected the modem and I am unsure whether I need a modem
> driver - one doesn't exist for Sparkcom!!!
>
> Or, to upgrade the motherboard chipset, and use this LAN connection
> instead
> of my ADSL modem connection?
>
> Help!!!

John Barnes

Most here have gone the LAN route because of lack of drivers for many
modems.

"Angelomike73" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a PC with a n ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard, Athlon 3500, and a Sparkcom
> ADSL internal modem. I have just installed XP x64, but cannot get my
> internet connection to work, hence I am unable to register the product or
> download any further 64 bit drivers for items without drivers!!
>
> The OS has not detected the modem and I am unsure whether I need a modem
> driver - one doesn't exist for Sparkcom!!!
>
> Or, to upgrade the motherboard chipset, and use this LAN connection
> instead
> of my ADSL modem connection?
>
> Help!!!

Charlie Russel - MVP

You'll need to use a LAN connection to an external modem. (And this is the
primary reason why I always recommend external, network connecyted, modems
and/or routers for internet connectivity. No drivers are required to make it
work, a critical requirement for those of us who must have the very latest.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64