Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > NT4-2k MCSE Upgrade

NT4-2k MCSE Upgrade

I've just employed a guy with an NT4 MCSE, is it still
possible to get this upgraded to0 2k with 1 or 2 exams,
or does he now need to start over? I've been looking
round the site for ages but can't seem to find the answer.

Thanks

Jose Saamuel

Start over!! where were you all this time??
Jose

MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
--
MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:179c801c418a6$33338a30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just employed a guy with an NT4 MCSE, is it still
> possible to get this upgraded to0 2k with 1 or 2 exams,
> or does he now need to start over? I've been looking
> round the site for ages but can't seem to find the answer.
>
> Thanks

Rowdy Yates

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:179c801c418a6$33338a30
$(E-Mail Removed):

> I've just employed a guy with an NT4 MCSE, is it still
> possible to get this upgraded to0 2k with 1 or 2 exams,
> or does he now need to start over? I've been looking
> round the site for ages but can't seem to find the answer.
>
> Thanks

==
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

right at the bottom.

1 Candidates who passed Windows NT 4.0 Exams 70-067, 70-068, and 70-073 had
the option to take the comprehensive Exam 70-240, "Microsoft Windows 2000
Accelerated Exam for MCPs Certified on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0." By
passing this exam, candidates met the following MCSE exam requirements:
Exam 70-210, 70-215, 70-216, and 70-217. Exam 70-240 is no longer
available. See the Discontinuation of Exams notice for more details.
==
also:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/faq.asp

right in the middle: MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Track

Q. Why don't the Windows NT 4.0 core exams count as electives in the MCSE
on Windows 2000 credential?

A. The purpose of core exams is to test skills required by a candidate who
designs and implements the infrastructure for business solutions based on
an operating system or architecturally significant platform. The purpose of
elective exams is to test skills outside the typical system environment.
Windows NT 4.0 core exams do not test skills outside the system environment
==
also: and this part might suck.

part of being a competent MCSE is keeping up to date on the current events,
being interested in the designation and industry, and basic navigation
skills with regards on the MS web site including the area where the MCSE
designation is explained in detail.

you just might have added a shmo to your payroll. ;-(.

--
Rowdy Yates
-------------------------------

Brendon Rogers

There are still a heck of a lot of NT4 servers out there - and they still
need maintaining before they are upgraded to W2K or W2K3.

So a person with an NT4 MCSE is hardly a schmo - at the very least they have
more experience than a w2k mcse bootcamper.

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94BF47729FEA7rowdyyates2lycoscom@207.46.24 8.16...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:179c801c418a6$33338a30
> $(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I've just employed a guy with an NT4 MCSE, is it still
> > possible to get this upgraded to0 2k with 1 or 2 exams,
> > or does he now need to start over? I've been looking
> > round the site for ages but can't seem to find the answer.
> >
> > Thanks

> ==
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
>
> right at the bottom.
>
> 1 Candidates who passed Windows NT 4.0 Exams 70-067, 70-068, and 70-073

had
> the option to take the comprehensive Exam 70-240, "Microsoft Windows 2000
> Accelerated Exam for MCPs Certified on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0." By
> passing this exam, candidates met the following MCSE exam requirements:
> Exam 70-210, 70-215, 70-216, and 70-217. Exam 70-240 is no longer
> available. See the Discontinuation of Exams notice for more details.
> ==
> also:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/faq.asp
>
> right in the middle: MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Track
>
> Q. Why don't the Windows NT 4.0 core exams count as electives in the MCSE
> on Windows 2000 credential?
>
> A. The purpose of core exams is to test skills required by a candidate

who
> designs and implements the infrastructure for business solutions based on
> an operating system or architecturally significant platform. The purpose

of
> elective exams is to test skills outside the typical system environment.
> Windows NT 4.0 core exams do not test skills outside the system

environment
> ==
> also: and this part might suck.
>
> part of being a competent MCSE is keeping up to date on the current

events,
> being interested in the designation and industry, and basic navigation
> skills with regards on the MS web site including the area where the MCSE
> designation is explained in detail.
>
> you just might have added a shmo to your payroll. ;-(.
>
> --
> Rowdy Yates
> -------------------------------
> Death to the Gypsy Kings!
> -------------------------------
> I am Against-TCPA
> http://www.againsttcpa.com

Rowdy Yates

i am not accusing him of being a shmo 'cause he is still a MCSE NT.

i am accusing him of being a shmo 'cause he didn't go to MS learning and
find out what he has to do to get upgraded to MCSE 2K.

what i didn't account for was the possibility that the employer is asking
the question behind the guys back because he doesn't believe the guy that
he has to take all the exams to upgrade to MCSE 2k. but if that is the
case, then i retract my "shmo" label from the MCSE NT and assign it to
the employer becuase he does not trust and have faith in the people
he/she hires.

"Brendon Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

--
Rowdy Yates
-------------------------------

Neil

"Brendon Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> There are still a heck of a lot of NT4 servers out there - and they
> still need maintaining before they are upgraded to W2K or W2K3.
>
> So a person with an NT4 MCSE is hardly a schmo - at the very least
> they have more experience than a w2k mcse bootcamper.

<snip>

many will be forced to switch to the newer stuff or face the problem of
no support from Microsoft. As they state:

4. Windows NT Server 4.0 incident and security related hotfix support is
available through 31-Dec-2004. Non-security related hotfix support is
available only through a custom support contract after 31-Dec-2003.

More details at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodw
or if it wraps
http://tinyurl.com/yss4b

--
Neil

Thanks all, he seems to know his stuff on NT and thats
what his last company were running too, so I guess they
had no reason to shell out on upgrading him,,,,, I do
however! Bugger!!!

That was all taken into account in the salary though

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...equirements.as

>> right at the bottom.
>>
>> 1 Candidates who passed Windows NT 4.0 Exams 70-067,

70-068, and 70-073
>had
>> the option to take the comprehensive Exam 70-

240, "Microsoft Windows 2000
>> Accelerated Exam for MCPs Certified on Microsoft

Windows NT 4.0." By
>> passing this exam, candidates met the following MCSE

exam requirements:
>> Exam 70-210, 70-215, 70-216, and 70-217. Exam 70-240

is no longer
>> available. See the Discontinuation of Exams notice for

more details.
>> ==
>> also:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/faq.asp
>>
>> right in the middle: MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000

Track

>> Q. Why don't the Windows NT 4.0 core exams count as

electives in the MCSE
>> on Windows 2000 credential?
>>
>> A. The purpose of core exams is to test skills

required by a candidate
>who
>> designs and implements the infrastructure for business

solutions based on
>> an operating system or architecturally significant

platform. The purpose
>of
>> elective exams is to test skills outside the typical

system environment.
>> Windows NT 4.0 core exams do not test skills outside

the system
>environment
>> ==
>> also: and this part might suck.
>>
>> part of being a competent MCSE is keeping up to date

on the current
>events,
>> being interested in the designation and industry, and

basic navigation
>> skills with regards on the MS web site including the

area where the MCSE
>> designation is explained in detail.
>>
>> you just might have added a shmo to your payroll. ;-(.
>>
>> --
>> Rowdy Yates
>> -------------------------------
>> Death to the Gypsy Kings!
>> -------------------------------
>> I am Against-TCPA
>> http://www.againsttcpa.com

>.

Rowdy Yates

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1769e01c418b8$852a0870
$(E-Mail Removed):

> That was all taken into account in the salary though

are you saying you paying him 1 rupee more than minimum wage? he struck GOLD!

Rowdy Yates
--
"the man who tried and failed miserably"