Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Powertoys x64

Reply
Thread Tools

Powertoys x64

 
 
Default User
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2005
Hi,

Will it ever happen? Official x64 Powertoys?

Never heard from it again... asked a few times, a few months ago...

Please somebody from MS tell us when/if to expect x64 Powertoys (officials
ones, from ms site)

Greetings

Juan Jansen

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2005
There has been no updates for it and no word on whether it will be updated
for x64 OS. Maybe they are skipping it for this release and creating a new
set specifically for Vista x64.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Default User" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Will it ever happen? Official x64 Powertoys?
>
> Never heard from it again... asked a few times, a few months ago...
>
> Please somebody from MS tell us when/if to expect x64 Powertoys (officials
> ones, from ms site)
>
> Greetings
>
> Juan Jansen



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thomas G. Madsen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2005
Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:

> Maybe they are skipping it for this release and creating a new
> set specifically for Vista x64.


Do you think that there'll also be a Vista x86 or will Vista be
x64 only with some sort of x86 emulation build in like the one
we see in WinXP x64 today ?

--
Regards
Madsen
 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2005
There will be both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista. Definitely.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Thomas G. Madsen wrote:
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>
>> Maybe they are skipping it for this release and creating a new
>> set specifically for Vista x64.

>
> Do you think that there'll also be a Vista x86 or will Vista be
> x64 only with some sort of x86 emulation build in like the one
> we see in WinXP x64 today ?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Colin Barnhorst MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2005
The problem with only doing an x64 edition of Vista is that it cannot be run
on a 32-bit computer, and there are a lot of those out there and still will
be for a very long time.

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>
>> Maybe they are skipping it for this release and creating a new
>> set specifically for Vista x64.

>
> Do you think that there'll also be a Vista x86 or will Vista be
> x64 only with some sort of x86 emulation build in like the one
> we see in WinXP x64 today ?
>
> --
> Regards
> Madsen


 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2005
The computer I'm running Vista on right now is 32-bit (x86), so yes, there
will be a 32-bit Vista.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm


"Default User" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Will it ever happen? Official x64 Powertoys?
>
> Never heard from it again... asked a few times, a few months ago...
>
> Please somebody from MS tell us when/if to expect x64 Powertoys (officials
> ones, from ms site)
>
> Greetings
>
> Juan Jansen



 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas G. Madsen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2005
Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

> There will be both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista. Definitely.


Okay.

--
Regards
Madsen
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PowerToys and TweakUI for WinXP x64? =?Utf-8?B?Y3JpY2htb24=?= Windows 64bit 2 01-01-2006 03:55 AM
PowerToys for x64 =?Utf-8?B?d2lnZWxzMms=?= Windows 64bit 5 10-13-2005 05:36 PM
x64 Powertoys (more info allready?) Juan Jansen Windows 64bit 2 06-22-2005 11:57 AM
Powertoys for windows Daemon Computer Support 11 10-09-2004 11:02 AM
Powertoys BananaPannaPoe- Computer Support 3 09-06-2003 08:34 PM



Advertisments