Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > error message

error message

=?Utf-8?B?V2FzZWVt?=

I have windows XP Pro. When I turn on my windows, at the very begining I get
this error message "pokapoka62.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I do not know what it is...I
would appereciate your help...
When I search this file ... I could not find it it even.. Is it a
virus/trogan activity or...?
Waseem

John Barnes

Yes. Do a Google search and you will find ways used to get rid of it.

"Waseem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have windows XP Pro. When I turn on my windows, at the very begining I
>get
> this error message "pokapoka62.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I do not know what it is...I
> would appereciate your help...
> When I search this file ... I could not find it it even.. Is it a
> virus/trogan activity or...?
> Waseem

G.B. Ritter MCSE

This group is for X64 issues, not XP Pro.

"Waseem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have windows XP Pro. When I turn on my windows, at the very begining I
>get
> this error message "pokapoka62.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I do not know what it is...I
> would appereciate your help...
> When I search this file ... I could not find it it even.. Is it a
> virus/trogan activity or...?
> Waseem

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Waseem wrote:

>I have windows XP Pro. When I turn on my windows, at the very begining I
>get
>this error message "pokapoka62.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
>close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I do not know what it is...I
>would appereciate your help...
>When I search this file ... I could not find it it even.. Is it a
>virus/trogan activity or...?
>Waseem

A quick Google for "pokapoka62" suggests it's spyware.

I would suggest you get the following and use them:

Microsoft Anti-Spyware (BETA): www.microsoft.com
AdAware Personal: www.lavasoft.de
Spybot S&D: www.safer-networking.org

No one anti-spyware product catches everything, but these three between
them seem to get just about everything.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

John Barnes

I have had no problem with the last two. Microsoft, I had to uninstall, it
kept popping up the same message constantly, even when I checked to use my
selected instruction in the future, or whatever the message was. Anyway
after having it ignored 50 times, I uninstalled the product. Hope you have
better luck. It is a beta.

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Waseem wrote:
>
>>I have windows XP Pro. When I turn on my windows, at the very begining I
>>get
>>this error message "pokapoka62.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
>>close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I do not know what it is...I
>>would appereciate your help...
>>When I search this file ... I could not find it it even.. Is it a
>>virus/trogan activity or...?
>>Waseem

> A quick Google for "pokapoka62" suggests it's spyware.
>
> I would suggest you get the following and use them:
>
> Microsoft Anti-Spyware (BETA): www.microsoft.com
> AdAware Personal: www.lavasoft.de
> Spybot S&D: www.safer-networking.org
>
> No one anti-spyware product catches everything, but these three between
> them seem to get just about everything.
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Hi:
First delete this file
C:\WINDOWS\etb\pokapoka62.exe
The manually delete this folder
C:\WINDOWS\etb\
Regards.
Carlos

"John Barnes" wrote:

> I have had no problem with the last two. Microsoft, I had to uninstall, it
> kept popping up the same message constantly, even when I checked to use my
> selected instruction in the future, or whatever the message was. Anyway
> after having it ignored 50 times, I uninstalled the product. Hope you have
> better luck. It is a beta.
>
> "Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Waseem wrote:
> >
> >>I have windows XP Pro. When I turn on my windows, at the very begining I
> >>get
> >>this error message "pokapoka62.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
> >>close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I do not know what it is...I
> >>would appereciate your help...
> >>When I search this file ... I could not find it it even.. Is it a
> >>virus/trogan activity or...?
> >>Waseem

> > A quick Google for "pokapoka62" suggests it's spyware.
> >
> > I would suggest you get the following and use them:
> >
> > Microsoft Anti-Spyware (BETA): www.microsoft.com
> > AdAware Personal: www.lavasoft.de
> > Spybot S&D: www.safer-networking.org
> >
> > No one anti-spyware product catches everything, but these three between
> > them seem to get just about everything.
> >
> > --
> > Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
> > MVPs do not work for Microsoft. Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Colin Barnhorst MVP

I had some problems with MSAS on x64 also.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...