Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Tooltips under Taskbar

Tooltips under Taskbar

-Dan-

Why are they underneath (not on top) and not entirely visible? I just tried it with taskbar properties set to not hide and auto hide. Surely I am missing something...

--
-Dan-

-Dan-

The problem cleared on reboot. Oh well... must'a been a Windows thing.

--
-Dan-

"-Dan-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Why are they underneath (not on top) and not entirely visible? I just tried it with taskbar properties set to not hide and auto hide. Surely I am missing something...

--
-Dan-

Charlie Russel - MVP

It'll come back sometimes too. seems to be a windows video driver issue.
Annoying, but not earthshattering.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

-Dan- wrote:
> The problem cleared on reboot. Oh well... must'a been a Windows thing.
>
> --
> -Dan-
>

> "-Dan-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why are they underneath (not on top) and not entirely visible? I
> just tried it with taskbar properties set to not hide and auto hide.
> Surely I am missing something...

Bill

Yep, same thing here on Win XP and Vista. Sometimes I can partially see
them, sometimes totally. Random effect and I can't tie it to anything.
Just happens.

--
Bill Sharpe
BullDawg

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It'll come back sometimes too. seems to be a windows video driver issue.
> Annoying, but not earthshattering.
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> -Dan- wrote:
>> The problem cleared on reboot. Oh well... must'a been a Windows thing.
>>
>> --
>> -Dan-
>>

>> "-Dan-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why are they underneath (not on top) and not entirely visible? I
>> just tried it with taskbar properties set to not hide and auto hide.
>> Surely I am missing something...

Colin Nowell

It is. These "fetaures"/"issues" (bugs actually) have been randomly
happening on Windows XP at random times for years ever since Windows XP came
out and is NOT unique to x64 Edition...

I gave up trying to get anyone at MS to listen about the system tray years
ago. There are all sorts of problems with it and it's never had the
technical attention it deserves...

(years ago I was on the beta team for Win3.x, then WFWG and finally Win95
before my life got too busy and it was taking too much of my time...)

Colin

"-Dan-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
The problem cleared on reboot. Oh well... must'a been a Windows thing.

-Dan-

I can recall doing some crazy things, so I just assumed... well, that helps... just knowing it wasn't something I did, and that I probably can't do anything about it.

Thanks,
--
-Dan-

Colin Barnhorst

Logging out and logging in again will clear it also. The Vista beta testers
are bugging it already.