Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 32 bit Right click menus not loading

32 bit Right click menus not loading

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBN?=

Right Click Content menus such as WinRAR or TortoiseSVN on install don't seem
to be able to add their menus right.

I figure this is a registry issue and i don't know where to start looking to
make the corrections

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

The latest version of WinRAR should support the context menu.
32-Bit Explorer Extentions -
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../19/54064.aspx - By Charlie Russel
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Matt M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Right Click Content menus such as WinRAR or TortoiseSVN on install don't
> seem
> to be able to add their menus right.
>
> I figure this is a registry issue and i don't know where to start looking
> make the corrections

GPPower

WinRAR 3.50 should be able to do that~~

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
| The latest version of WinRAR should support the context menu.
| 32-Bit Explorer Extentions -
| http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../19/54064.aspx - By Charlie
Russel
| --
| Andre
| Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
| Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
| http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
| FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
|
| "Matt M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Right Click Content menus such as WinRAR or TortoiseSVN on install don't
| > seem
| > to be able to add their menus right.
| >
| > I figure this is a registry issue and i don't know where to start
looking
| > make the corrections

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBN?=

Thanks, now i can rar things and work on my coding projects w/ SVN

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> The latest version of WinRAR should support the context menu.
> 32-Bit Explorer Extentions -
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../19/54064.aspx - By Charlie Russel
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Matt M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Right Click Content menus such as WinRAR or TortoiseSVN on install don't
> > seem
> > to be able to add their menus right.
> >
> > I figure this is a registry issue and i don't know where to start looking
> > make the corrections

Bruno Jouhier

These menus are handled by a shell extension. As the explorer shell is a 64
bit app, you need the 64 bit version of the shell extension dlls. If you
only have the 32 bit dlls, you will not get the menus in the shell (but you
should get them in the File Open dialog of 32 bit apps).

I have ported TortoiseCVS to XP 64 but it is not yet available on the
tortoisecvs.org site and my version is not fully packaged (but simple to
install). If you are interested, I can send it to you.

Bruno.

"Matt M" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> Right Click Content menus such as WinRAR or TortoiseSVN on install don't
> seem
> to be able to add their menus right.
>
> I figure this is a registry issue and i don't know where to start looking
> make the corrections

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBN?=

Thank you for the offer, but I am not using TortoiseCVS, I'm using
TortoiseSVN.

"Bruno Jouhier" wrote:

> These menus are handled by a shell extension. As the explorer shell is a 64
> bit app, you need the 64 bit version of the shell extension dlls. If you
> only have the 32 bit dlls, you will not get the menus in the shell (but you
> should get them in the File Open dialog of 32 bit apps).
>
> I have ported TortoiseCVS to XP 64 but it is not yet available on the
> tortoisecvs.org site and my version is not fully packaged (but simple to
> install). If you are interested, I can send it to you.
>
> Bruno.
>
> "Matt M" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
> > Right Click Content menus such as WinRAR or TortoiseSVN on install don't
> > seem
> > to be able to add their menus right.
> >
> > I figure this is a registry issue and i don't know where to start looking
> > make the corrections

Bruno Jouhier

"Matt M" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you for the offer, but I am not using TortoiseCVS, I'm using
> TortoiseSVN.

Then, you have two options:

* Use TortoiseSVN from the file open dialog of 32 bit apps (you should see
the tortoise icons in these dialogs, and things should work from there).

* Port TortoiseSVN to XP 64. The hardest part of porting TortoiseCVS was
actually porting wxwindows (which I assume is also used by TortoiseSVN) and
you won't need to do it again because my changes should be in the global
repository. So, with VS 2005 beta 2 + the TortoiseSVN source code + latest
wxwindows source code from sourceforge, this should not be too difficult. If
you want to do this and have additional questions, let me know, I can give
you some hints (for ex on setting up the registry so that it works both in
32 bit file open dialogs and in the 64 bit shell).

Bruno