Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > OT. Top or Bottom post?

OT. Top or Bottom post?

zekolas

while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top of
the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
why).

Mark Gillespie

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:46:02 +0100, zekolas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top of
> the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
> other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
> why).

Bottom posting here, top posting is for clueless newbies..

Do you read novels from the back?

Venus Ventura [Retracted]

Top Posting for sure.
Bottom Posting is for oldbies

***See Bottom Post***

"Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.svf3qbb0j2q9yy@xpdesktop...
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:46:02 +0100, zekolas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top of
>> the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
>> other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
>> why).

> Bottom posting here, top posting is for clueless newbies..
>
> Do you read novels from the back?

Bottom Posting is definitely the way to go.
Only AOL users would top post.

Venus Ventura [Retracted]

Colin Nowell

"Venus Ventura [Retracted]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Top Posting for sure.
> Bottom Posting is for oldbies
>
> ***See Bottom Post***
>

> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsp.svf3qbb0j2q9yy@xpdesktop...
>> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:46:02 +0100, zekolas <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top of
>>> the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
>>> other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
>>> why).

>> Bottom posting here, top posting is for clueless newbies..
>>
>> Do you read novels from the back?

> Bottom Posting is definitely the way to go.
> Only AOL users would top post.
>
> Venus Ventura [Retracted]

ROTFLMAO!!!! Hey! I'm an "Oldbie"

Charlie Russel - MVP

Entirely a matter of personal preference. My choice, actually, is
interspersed. But if you want to make all of us happier, CLEAN UP the message
before you post. Trim out the old part of the thread that is no longer
relevant. That helps all of us.

Top posters tend to be those using OE or the web interface to these NGs.
Bottom posters tend to be those who use other newsreaders or who have been
involved in NGs outside of the MS ones a lot, though that's not consistent,
certainly.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

zekolas wrote:
> while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top
> of the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top,
> however in other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I
> really don't know why).

Andre Da Costa

Top posters always get good luck, so its worth doing.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"zekolas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top of
> the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
> other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
> why).

Jed

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 06:40:04 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Entirely a matter of personal preference. My choice, actually, is
>interspersed. But if you want to make all of us happier, CLEAN UP the message
>before you post. Trim out the old part of the thread that is no longer
>relevant. That helps all of us.
>
>Top posters tend to be those using OE or the web interface to these NGs.
>Bottom posters tend to be those who use other newsreaders or who have been
>involved in NGs outside of the MS ones a lot, though that's not consistent,
>certainly.

A revelation to me was a discussion in another newsgroup in which a
significant number of readers indicated a preference for reading
articles unthreaded, reading them in the order they arrive on their
news server.

This accounts for the fact that a post asking a question can get 10
different posters giving the same answer as if they hadn't seen the
question had already been answered.

The last time I did that was in 1989 in the Netherlands when I had to
use "rn" on a VAX/VMS machine to download newsgroups to an ascii file
and transfer that to a floppy so I could read them at home.

There's no accounting for taste.

_jd [who prefers inline posting with plenty of trimming]

M. Murcek

Bottom posting is a necessity to help out all the poor oldsters who can't
remember what they just read in the post directly above...

"zekolas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top of
> the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
> other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
> why).

wewa

I'm always on top, my wife wants it that way...sorry guys.

"zekolas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top of
> the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
> other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
> why).

zekolas

Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
> Entirely a matter of personal preference. My choice, actually, is
> interspersed. But if you want to make all of us happier, CLEAN UP the message
> before you post. Trim out the old part of the thread that is no longer
> relevant. That helps all of us.
>
> Top posters tend to be those using OE or the web interface to these NGs.
> Bottom posters tend to be those who use other newsreaders or who have been
> involved in NGs outside of the MS ones a lot, though that's not consistent,
> certainly.

I perfer top posting because most of time I read the original post, move
to a reply post and its right on the top, I don't have to scroll down
searching for it. I also use thunderbird