Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows boot

Windows boot

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

Windows loads normally, with no issues. Aftter windows is done installing
and during the load screeen there is a fast BSOD followed by a reboot.
Before it reboots i remove the CD and driver disk. During POST an error
comes up saying that there is a boot failure insert system disk. When I
insert the driver disk nothing happens but when i reinsert the windpws cd i
get the boot selection screen. I have tried last known good config of which
there is none, boot normally and boot in safe mode. When i select boot
normally nothing happens ,just a black screenwhile it reboots, when i selct
safe mode the line of DOS directories show up like normal but then it
reboots. Anyone know what this is and how it gets fixed.

I'm using the NVRAID on the ASUS A8N-SLI-Deluxe

Charlie Russel - MVP

Did you use F6 to load drivers for your raid controller? You need to, and you
may need updated ones.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Jeff wrote:
> Windows loads normally, with no issues. Aftter windows is done
> installing and during the load screeen there is a fast BSOD followed
> by a reboot. Before it reboots i remove the CD and driver disk.
> During POST an error comes up saying that there is a boot failure
> insert system disk. When I insert the driver disk nothing happens
> but when i reinsert the windpws cd i get the boot selection screen.
> I have tried last known good config of which there is none, boot
> normally and boot in safe mode. When i select boot normally nothing
> happens ,just a black screenwhile it reboots, when i selct safe mode
> the line of DOS directories show up like normal but then it reboots.
> Anyone know what this is and how it gets fixed.
>
> I'm using the NVRAID on the ASUS A8N-SLI-Deluxe

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

Yes, the first time i tried to load i had bad drivers so i loaded xp home on
an ata drive and put those on a floppy. Both required drivers load as
advertised during setup Windows setup goes through everything with no
problems. Its when I am loading windows after "39 minute" setup time when
windows loads and configures itself to your computer, like setting system
time, home network all that jazz is i have the problem. The blue scoll bar
goes through about 5 rotations followed by a BSOD that is so quick it took a
couple of reboots to figure out what was happening since at first it was so
quick that i could not see it. But it is still so quick that i can't catch
the error codes. Do i need to find a way to install the 64 bit drivers at
the same time that windows loads?

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Did you use F6 to load drivers for your raid controller? You need to, and you
> may need updated ones.
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Jeff wrote:
> > Windows loads normally, with no issues. Aftter windows is done
> > installing and during the load screeen there is a fast BSOD followed
> > by a reboot. Before it reboots i remove the CD and driver disk.
> > During POST an error comes up saying that there is a boot failure
> > insert system disk. When I insert the driver disk nothing happens
> > but when i reinsert the windpws cd i get the boot selection screen.
> > I have tried last known good config of which there is none, boot
> > normally and boot in safe mode. When i select boot normally nothing
> > happens ,just a black screenwhile it reboots, when i selct safe mode
> > the line of DOS directories show up like normal but then it reboots.
> > Anyone know what this is and how it gets fixed.
> >
> > I'm using the NVRAID on the ASUS A8N-SLI-Deluxe

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes, you're probably going to have to create the F6 floppy with updated
64-bit drivers. But to be sure what the source of the problem is, when it
reboots, press F8 to take you to safe mode, and turn off the automatic
reboot. This will allow you to see what the BSOD error code is, and that will
confirm where the problem is.

--

Jeff wrote:
> Yes, the first time i tried to load i had bad drivers so i loaded xp
> home on an ata drive and put those on a floppy. Both required
> drivers load as advertised during setup Windows setup goes through
> everything with no problems. Its when I am loading windows after "39
> minute" setup time when windows loads and configures itself to your
> computer, like setting system time, home network all that jazz is i
> have the problem. The blue scoll bar goes through about 5 rotations
> followed by a BSOD that is so quick it took a couple of reboots to
> figure out what was happening since at first it was so quick that i
> could not see it. But it is still so quick that i can't catch the
> error codes. Do i need to find a way to install the 64 bit drivers
> at the same time that windows loads?
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Did you use F6 to load drivers for your raid controller? You need
>> to, and you may need updated ones.
>>
>> --
>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>> ======================
>> Charlie.
>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>>

>> Jeff wrote:
>>> Windows loads normally, with no issues. Aftter windows is done
>>> installing and during the load screeen there is a fast BSOD followed
>>> by a reboot. Before it reboots i remove the CD and driver disk.
>>> During POST an error comes up saying that there is a boot failure
>>> insert system disk. When I insert the driver disk nothing happens
>>> but when i reinsert the windpws cd i get the boot selection screen.
>>> I have tried last known good config of which there is none, boot
>>> normally and boot in safe mode. When i select boot normally
>>> nothing happens ,just a black screenwhile it reboots, when i selct
>>> safe mode the line of DOS directories show up like normal but then
>>> it reboots. Anyone know what this is and how it gets fixed.
>>>
>>> I'm using the NVRAID on the ASUS A8N-SLI-Deluxe

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

system hangs on acpitabl.dat. After doing some looking it seems that this is
a nvidia thing. Looking through the BIOS settings there is one setting
called ACPI suspend type, i have S1, S3, S1 and S3. I have tried all three
settings with no joy. I have also tried disabling ACPI APIC support and I
will get an error saying that firmware is not right and that APIC is not
configured.

The system will boot to an IDE drive with no hiccups.

Now that i have ID'd the corrupt file how do i fix it when i can't get
inside the drive?

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Yes, you're probably going to have to create the F6 floppy with updated
> 64-bit drivers. But to be sure what the source of the problem is, when it
> reboots, press F8 to take you to safe mode, and turn off the automatic
> reboot. This will allow you to see what the BSOD error code is, and that will
> confirm where the problem is.
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Jeff wrote:
> > Yes, the first time i tried to load i had bad drivers so i loaded xp
> > home on an ata drive and put those on a floppy. Both required
> > drivers load as advertised during setup Windows setup goes through
> > everything with no problems. Its when I am loading windows after "39
> > minute" setup time when windows loads and configures itself to your
> > computer, like setting system time, home network all that jazz is i
> > have the problem. The blue scoll bar goes through about 5 rotations
> > followed by a BSOD that is so quick it took a couple of reboots to
> > figure out what was happening since at first it was so quick that i
> > could not see it. But it is still so quick that i can't catch the
> > error codes. Do i need to find a way to install the 64 bit drivers
> > at the same time that windows loads?
> >
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you use F6 to load drivers for your raid controller? You need
> >> to, and you may need updated ones.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> >> ======================
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

how do i disable the automatic reboot?
"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Yes, you're probably going to have to create the F6 floppy with updated
> 64-bit drivers. But to be sure what the source of the problem is, when it
> reboots, press F8 to take you to safe mode, and turn off the automatic
> reboot. This will allow you to see what the BSOD error code is, and that will
> confirm where the problem is.
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Jeff wrote:
> > Yes, the first time i tried to load i had bad drivers so i loaded xp
> > home on an ata drive and put those on a floppy. Both required
> > drivers load as advertised during setup Windows setup goes through
> > everything with no problems. Its when I am loading windows after "39
> > minute" setup time when windows loads and configures itself to your
> > computer, like setting system time, home network all that jazz is i
> > have the problem. The blue scoll bar goes through about 5 rotations
> > followed by a BSOD that is so quick it took a couple of reboots to
> > figure out what was happening since at first it was so quick that i
> > could not see it. But it is still so quick that i can't catch the
> > error codes. Do i need to find a way to install the 64 bit drivers
> > at the same time that windows loads?
> >
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you use F6 to load drivers for your raid controller? You need
> >> to, and you may need updated ones.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> >> ======================
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

Charlie Russel - MVP

From Darrell Gorter's post earlier this week:

=====================================
Use F8 to get to the Safe Mode options screen.
Select to not automatically restart the machine.
Now choose to boot into x64 and see if you can capture the error message.
Most of the time the default behavior after a bluescreen is to reboot the
box.
This option on the Safe Mode selection screen tells the system for this
boot, do not automatically restart after a bluescreen error.
Subsequent boots are not affected by this change, it only applies to this
single boot.
But this should allow us to see what the error message is that is happening.
=====================================

--

Jeff wrote:
> how do i disable the automatic reboot?
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Yes, you're probably going to have to create the F6 floppy with
>> updated 64-bit drivers. But to be sure what the source of the
>> problem is, when it reboots, press F8 to take you to safe mode, and
>> turn off the automatic reboot. This will allow you to see what the
>> BSOD error code is, and that will confirm where the problem is.
>>
>> --
>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>> ======================
>> Charlie.
>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>>

>> Jeff wrote:
>>> Yes, the first time i tried to load i had bad drivers so i loaded xp
>>> home on an ata drive and put those on a floppy. Both required
>>> drivers load as advertised during setup Windows setup goes through
>>> everything with no problems. Its when I am loading windows after
>>> "39 minute" setup time when windows loads and configures itself to
>>> your computer, like setting system time, home network all that jazz
>>> is i have the problem. The blue scoll bar goes through about 5
>>> rotations followed by a BSOD that is so quick it took a couple of
>>> reboots to figure out what was happening since at first it was so
>>> quick that i could not see it. But it is still so quick that i
>>> can't catch the error codes. Do i need to find a way to install
>>> the 64 bit drivers at the same time that windows loads?

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

fail codes
*** stop: 0x00000024 ( 0x00000000001902f0, 0xfffffadfe757f6ao,
0xffffffffc0000102, 0x0000000000000000)

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> From Darrell Gorter's post earlier this week:
>
> =====================================
> Use F8 to get to the Safe Mode options screen.
> Select to not automatically restart the machine.
> Now choose to boot into x64 and see if you can capture the error message.
> Most of the time the default behavior after a bluescreen is to reboot the
> box.
> This option on the Safe Mode selection screen tells the system for this
> boot, do not automatically restart after a bluescreen error.
> Subsequent boots are not affected by this change, it only applies to this
> single boot.
> But this should allow us to see what the error message is that is happening.
> =====================================
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Jeff wrote:
> > how do i disable the automatic reboot?
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, you're probably going to have to create the F6 floppy with
> >> updated 64-bit drivers. But to be sure what the source of the
> >> problem is, when it reboots, press F8 to take you to safe mode, and
> >> turn off the automatic reboot. This will allow you to see what the
> >> BSOD error code is, and that will confirm where the problem is.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> >> ======================
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

Charlie Russel - MVP

I'll be interested to see what Darrell or one of the other MS folks here
comes up with, but that stop error indicates a problem with the NTFS file
system. (google "stop 0x00000024" )

I would try the following:
1.) download updated drivers for your controller. Copy them to floppy.
2.) Rerun setup from scratch. Use F6 to load the updated drivers, then
3.) DELETE the partition that you want to install x64 Edition on.
4.) re-create the partition and format it completely using NTFS. Don't settle
for a quick format.

--

Jeff wrote:
> fail codes
> *** stop: 0x00000024 ( 0x00000000001902f0, 0xfffffadfe757f6ao,
> 0xffffffffc0000102, 0x0000000000000000)
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> From Darrell Gorter's post earlier this week:
>>
>> =====================================
>> Use F8 to get to the Safe Mode options screen.
>> Select to not automatically restart the machine.
>> Now choose to boot into x64 and see if you can capture the error
>> message. Most of the time the default behavior after a bluescreen is
>> to reboot the box.
>> This option on the Safe Mode selection screen tells the system for
>> this boot, do not automatically restart after a bluescreen error.
>> Subsequent boots are not affected by this change, it only applies to
>> this single boot.
>> But this should allow us to see what the error message is that is
>> happening. =====================================
>>
>> --
>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>> Charlie.
>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>>

>> Jeff wrote:
>>> how do i disable the automatic reboot?

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

Last night just be fore i went to bet i downloaded driver version 6.65 from
planetamd64.com. Performed a repair of the system and evything checks out
good. I'm writing this email on the once bad ssytem. thanks for your help.