Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows x64 OEM Only?

Windows x64 OEM Only?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

Im sorry as this has probably been answered many times, but i have gone back
several pages and not seen my question. I am under the impression Windows x64
can only be aquired through the MSDN subscription and buying it OEM, are
these the only ways to acquire it? I am using Windows x64 Beta RC2 Service
Pack 1, v.1433 as of now, and have been using it as a primary OS for the past
few months, if there are other ways (such as through MS) to download the full
version of this OS i would like to know if possible, Thanks.

Andre Da Costa

You can acquire through a number of channels, the most likely is through
online stores that sell system builder software with qualifying, here are a
few:
http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16837102034
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...ture=Microsoft

It can also so be acquired through MSDN Subscriptions - Operating Systems on
up and through Microsofts licensing programs such as Software Assurance.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Im sorry as this has probably been answered many times, but i have gone
> back
> several pages and not seen my question. I am under the impression Windows
> x64
> can only be aquired through the MSDN subscription and buying it OEM, are
> these the only ways to acquire it? I am using Windows x64 Beta RC2 Service
> Pack 1, v.1433 as of now, and have been using it as a primary OS for the
> past
> few months, if there are other ways (such as through MS) to download the
> full
> version of this OS i would like to know if possible, Thanks.

Charlie Russel - MVP

You are correct. MSDN and OEM/System Builder only.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Joe wrote:
> Im sorry as this has probably been answered many times, but i have
> gone back several pages and not seen my question. I am under the
> impression Windows x64 can only be aquired through the MSDN
> subscription and buying it OEM, are these the only ways to acquire
> it? I am using Windows x64 Beta RC2 Service Pack 1, v.1433 as of now,
> and have been using it as a primary OS for the past few months, if
> there are other ways (such as through MS) to download the full
> version of this OS i would like to know if possible, Thanks.

Randy

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/default.mspx

news:(E-Mail Removed)...