Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 3 Questions

3 Questions

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlcmlmIEF0ZWY=?=

First, where are the brands that sell usb modems with 64 bit drivers?
Second, why does my built in modem not work? i belive that it has a 64 bit
driver.
Third, is there an office for the x64 edition and if there is can i download
it from microsoft.com?
thx.
S Atef

Jerry

Search Google
Ask modem tech support people
No 64bit Office yet

"Sherif Atef" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> First, where are the brands that sell usb modems with 64 bit drivers?
> Second, why does my built in modem not work? i belive that it has a 64 bit
> driver.
> Third, is there an office for the x64 edition and if there is can i
> download
> it from microsoft.com?
> thx.
> S Atef

John Barnes

I am not aware of any USB modems that have 64-bit drivers.

"Sherif Atef" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> First, where are the brands that sell usb modems with 64 bit drivers?
> Second, why does my built in modem not work? i belive that it has a 64 bit
> driver.
> Third, is there an office for the x64 edition and if there is can i
> download
> it from microsoft.com?
> thx.
> S Atef

Andre Da Costa

1. http://www.smlink.com/objects/SLA56-...MV-XP64Bit.zip

Smart link has drivers for their modems, maybe you want to consider
purchasing one from them. The US Robotics 5810 ran perfectly out of the box.

2. The reason why your modem is not compatible is because a 64 bit native
hard device driver needs to be written for it to work under Windows XP Pro
x64.

3. No current version or Edition of Microsoft Office is 64 bit native, the
next version of Office "12", should be.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"Sherif Atef" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> First, where are the brands that sell usb modems with 64 bit drivers?
> Second, why does my built in modem not work? i belive that it has a 64 bit
> driver.
> Third, is there an office for the x64 edition and if there is can i
> download
> it from microsoft.com?
> thx.
> S Atef

wewa

dude,

look thru the list of supported modems in your x64 control panel, modems,
add.

i have yanked a old 56k PCI internal modem from a old emachine, based on a
conexant chipset, and its working well for me for faxing and 50666 dialup
speeds...

i have noted this if you do a search for modem in older threads of this
newsgroup...

"Sherif Atef" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> First, where are the brands that sell usb modems with 64 bit drivers?
> Second, why does my built in modem not work? i belive that it has a 64 bit
> driver.
> Third, is there an office for the x64 edition and if there is can i
> download
> it from microsoft.com?
> thx.
> S Atef

Andre Da Costa

The supported modems through the add hardware wizard is definitely a good
idea Wewa, never thought of that.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com