Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: The future of Desktop's - 3D

OT: The future of Desktop's - 3D

Rowdy Yates

Looks like Sun is planning to open up a can of whoop-ass on the Desktop
market. They going to bring you 3-D desktop over X server.

Project Looking Glass
http://www.sun.com/2004-0323/feature/

you can view the demo here. scroll 3/4 way through to see the thing in
action.

http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html

pinging Larry Samuels. Is this cool or what!

Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
---
MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
--
MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Looks like Sun is planning to open up a can of whoop-ass on the Desktop
> market. They going to bring you 3-D desktop over X server.
>
> Project Looking Glass
> http://www.sun.com/2004-0323/feature/
>
> you can view the demo here. scroll 3/4 way through to see the thing in
> action.
>
> http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
>
> pinging Larry Samuels. Is this cool or what!
>

> Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
> ---
> MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/

screen shots:....

http://tinyurl.com/2t76l

http://tinyurl.com/23mmg

http://tinyurl.com/2nolr

Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
---
MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
--
MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
--
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
--
Microsoft Certified Professional Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

Ken Briscoe

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94BE681CC4E09rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
> screen shots:....
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2t76l
>
> http://tinyurl.com/23mmg
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2nolr

purdy.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Neil

"Ken Briscoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#ZuRa1$FEHA.1396
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> "Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns94BE681CC4E09rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
>> screen shots:....
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2t76l
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/23mmg
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2nolr
>>

> purdy.

would make the wife sick to her stomach. She can't even watch first person
shooter games over my shoulder. could be an issue for alot of users...

of course I think it's cool

--
Neil

Consultant

i see great possibilities with this, with particular pay-per-view websites

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94BE681CC4E09rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
> Rowdy Yates <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>
> > Looks like Sun is planning to open up a can of whoop-ass on the Desktop
> > market. They going to bring you 3-D desktop over X server.
> >
> > Project Looking Glass
> > http://www.sun.com/2004-0323/feature/
> >
> > you can view the demo here. scroll 3/4 way through to see the thing in
> > action.
> >
> > http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
> >
> > pinging Larry Samuels. Is this cool or what!
> >

> > Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
> > ---
> > MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/

> screen shots:....
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2t76l
>
> http://tinyurl.com/23mmg
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2nolr
>

> Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
> ---
> MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
> --
> MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
> --
> Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification Info:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
> --
> Microsoft Certified Professional Info:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

Rowdy Yates

i bet a few porno web sites are already in talks with Sun reps about
possible enterprise implementation.

"Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eWxoD9$FEHA.2944
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> i see great possibilities with this, with particular pay-per-view

websites

> "Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns94BE681CC4E09rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
>> Rowdy Yates <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>
>> > Looks like Sun is planning to open up a can of whoop-ass on the

Desktop
>> > market. They going to bring you 3-D desktop over X server.
>> >
>> > Project Looking Glass
>> > http://www.sun.com/2004-0323/feature/
>> >
>> > you can view the demo here. scroll 3/4 way through to see the thing in
>> > action.
>> >
>> > http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
>> >
>> > pinging Larry Samuels. Is this cool or what!
>> >

>> > Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
>> > ---
>> > MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/

>> screen shots:....
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2t76l
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/23mmg
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2nolr
>>

>> Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
>> ---
>> MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
>> --
>> MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
>> --
>> Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification Info:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
>> --
>> Microsoft Certified Professional Info:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
---
MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
--
MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
--
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
--
Microsoft Certified Professional Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

Consultant

im sold!

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94BE6CD9FFE61rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
> i bet a few porno web sites are already in talks with Sun reps about
> possible enterprise implementation.
>

> "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eWxoD9$FEHA.2944
> @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
>
> > i see great possibilities with this, with particular pay-per-view

> websites
> >

> > "Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Xns94BE681CC4E09rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
> >> Rowdy Yates <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Desktop

in

> >> screen shots:....
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/2t76l
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/23mmg
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/2nolr
> >>

> >> Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
> >> ---
> >> MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
> >> --
> >> MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
> >> --
> >> Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification Info:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
> >> --
> >> Microsoft Certified Professional Info:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

> Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
> ---
> MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
> --
> MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
> --
> Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification Info:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
> --
> Microsoft Certified Professional Info:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

Vigo Breadcrumbs

Rowdy Yates <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Looks like Sun is planning to open up a can of whoop-ass on the Desktop
> market. They going to bring you 3-D desktop over X server.

I suppose the background environment is configurable? If so, then my
former employer could use Stalingrad circa 1944 and make all the Dot-
Communists feel right at home.