Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 doesn't work with raid

x64 doesn't work with raid

=?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=

Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since I've
just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.

Here's my hardware:
Asus A8N-Sli
2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
nVidia Geforce 6600GT
Nec 3540 DVD RW

Obviously I've start with no overclock.

Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA Raid)(I've
tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
- The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue screen
and
then the restart of the system.

I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's no
way to make it work.

It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if it
recognize it good during installation...

I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...

Regards,
Andrea

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBIYXJ0dC1QYWxtZXI=?=

Are you sure you're using the latest RAID drivers? Check out
ExtendedAMD64.com or PlanetAMD64.com, or go to Asus' website.

"Flame" wrote:

> Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since I've
> just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.
>
> Here's my hardware:
> Asus A8N-Sli
> 2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
> 2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
> nVidia Geforce 6600GT
> Nec 3540 DVD RW
>
> Obviously I've start with no overclock.
>
> Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA Raid)(I've
> tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
> - The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
> starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue screen
> and
> then the restart of the system.
>
> I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's no
> way to make it work.
>
> It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if it
> recognize it good during installation...
>
> I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...
>
> Regards,
> Andrea

John Barnes

Nvidia and Award are total disasters in handling SATA II drives, RAID or no
RAID. ASUS won't do anything about contacting them to get it fixed.
My latest BIOS update made things WORSE (as if that were possible)

"Flame" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since
> I've
> just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.
>
> Here's my hardware:
> Asus A8N-Sli
> 2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
> 2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
> nVidia Geforce 6600GT
> Nec 3540 DVD RW
>
> Obviously I've start with no overclock.
>
> Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA
> Raid)(I've
> tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
> - The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
> starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue screen
> and
> then the restart of the system.
>
> I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's no
> way to make it work.
>
> It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if
> it
> recognize it good during installation...
>
> I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...
>
> Regards,
> Andrea

Mike

John Barnes wrote:
> Nvidia and Award are total disasters in handling SATA II drives, RAID or no
> RAID. ASUS won't do anything about contacting them to get it fixed.
> My latest BIOS update made things WORSE (as if that were possible)
>
> "Flame" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since
>>I've
>>just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.
>>
>>Here's my hardware:
>>Asus A8N-Sli
>>2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
>>2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
>>nVidia Geforce 6600GT
>>Nec 3540 DVD RW
>>
>>Obviously I've start with no overclock.
>>
>>Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA
>>Raid)(I've
>>tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
>>- The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
>>starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue screen
>>and
>>then the restart of the system.
>>
>>I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's no
>>way to make it work.
>>
>>It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if
>>it
>>recognize it good during installation...
>>
>>I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...
>>
>>Regards,
>>Andrea

I'm using an Asus K8VSE Deluxe with a 3200 64 bit AMD.
I've also two samsung spinpoint SATA drives on the Via raid as a striped
Raid and two Maxtor drives on the other raid set. All works fine.
Had to move back the Bios to an earlier one, agree the latest Bios
updates are crap.
Moving over to a K8N-SLI premium soon, so hope this is resolved.

Did you go into the raid setup and create the raid first ? No problems ?

Mike

John Barnes

I am not using RAID. All systems work perfectly on SATA I drives both with
current and prior BIOS's So far strictly a SATA II problem.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John Barnes wrote:
>> Nvidia and Award are total disasters in handling SATA II drives, RAID or
>> no RAID. ASUS won't do anything about contacting them to get it fixed.
>> My latest BIOS update made things WORSE (as if that were possible)
>>
>> "Flame" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since
>>>I've
>>>just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.
>>>
>>>Here's my hardware:
>>>Asus A8N-Sli
>>>2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
>>>2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
>>>nVidia Geforce 6600GT
>>>Nec 3540 DVD RW
>>>
>>>Obviously I've start with no overclock.
>>>
>>>Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA
>>>Raid)(I've
>>>tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
>>>- The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
>>>starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue
>>>screen
>>>and
>>>then the restart of the system.
>>>
>>>I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's
>>>no
>>>way to make it work.
>>>
>>>It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if
>>>it
>>>recognize it good during installation...
>>>
>>>I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Andrea

> I'm using an Asus K8VSE Deluxe with a 3200 64 bit AMD.
> I've also two samsung spinpoint SATA drives on the Via raid as a striped
> Raid and two Maxtor drives on the other raid set. All works fine.
> Had to move back the Bios to an earlier one, agree the latest Bios updates
> are crap.
> Moving over to a K8N-SLI premium soon, so hope this is resolved.
>
> Did you go into the raid setup and create the raid first ? No problems ?
>
> Mike

=?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=

Obviusly I tried with the latest driver download drictely form nvidia and
from Asus, and I'm also tried with two different version of Bios.

During the installation all was good, so it recognize the Raid good...but at
the first start there's no way to use this Os ...

"Mark Hartt-Palmer" ha scritto:

> Are you sure you're using the latest RAID drivers? Check out
> ExtendedAMD64.com or PlanetAMD64.com, or go to Asus' website.
>
> "Flame" wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since I've
> > just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.
> >
> > Here's my hardware:
> > Asus A8N-Sli
> > 2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
> > 2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
> > nVidia Geforce 6600GT
> > Nec 3540 DVD RW
> >
> > Obviously I've start with no overclock.
> >
> > Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA Raid)(I've
> > tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
> > - The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
> > starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue screen
> > and
> > then the restart of the system.
> >
> > I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's no
> > way to make it work.
> >
> > It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if it
> > recognize it good during installation...
> >
> > I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrea

=?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=

I've tried more test, and I've tried to install normal XP Profesisonal SP2,
and I've found thet here's the same problem: all the installations went good
but there's now way to start it.
Now I'll try to update the bios with a beta version.

thanks for all

"Flame" ha scritto:

> Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since I've
> just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.
>
> Here's my hardware:
> Asus A8N-Sli
> 2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
> 2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
> nVidia Geforce 6600GT
> Nec 3540 DVD RW
>
> Obviously I've start with no overclock.
>
> Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA Raid)(I've
> tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
> - The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
> starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue screen
> and
> then the restart of the system.
>
> I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's no
> way to make it work.
>
> It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if it
> recognize it good during installation...
>
> I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...
>
> Regards,
> Andrea

=?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=

It's all becaused of the bios. now it works fine.

Thanks for all at everybody

"Flame" ha scritto:

> I've tried more test, and I've tried to install normal XP Profesisonal SP2,
> and I've found thet here's the same problem: all the installations went good
> but there's now way to start it.
> Now I'll try to update the bios with a beta version.
>
> thanks for all
>
> "Flame" ha scritto:
>
> > Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since I've
> > just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.
> >
> > Here's my hardware:
> > Asus A8N-Sli
> > 2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
> > 2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
> > nVidia Geforce 6600GT
> > Nec 3540 DVD RW
> >
> > Obviously I've start with no overclock.
> >
> > Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA Raid)(I've
> > tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
> > - The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
> > starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue screen
> > and
> > then the restart of the system.
> >
> > I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's no
> > way to make it work.
> >
> > It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if it
> > recognize it good during installation...
> >
> > I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrea

Don Awalt

I have a Dell Precision workstation and RAID works fine. It came set up as
RAID 0, I reconfigured it to be RAID 1. Both worked flawlessly.

"Flame" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since
> I've
> just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.
>
> Here's my hardware:
> Asus A8N-Sli
> 2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
> 2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
> nVidia Geforce 6600GT
> Nec 3540 DVD RW
>
> Obviously I've start with no overclock.
>
> Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA
> Raid)(I've
> tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
> - The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
> starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue screen
> and
> then the restart of the system.
>
> I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's no
> way to make it work.
>
> It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if
> it
> recognize it good during installation...
>
> I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...
>
> Regards,
> Andrea

NNBXX

Same here. I have a Dell Precision 670 workstation with two SCSI hard disk
drives in RAID 1, and it works fine under x64 with the appropriate drivers.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...