Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 printer drivers location?

x64 printer drivers location?

Ned H.

I have a shared printer on a networked drive. On the sharing page, there is
an advance tab that allows me to add a Windows XP, x64 printer driver,
presumably so that I can use this printer from my X64 machine. Where do I
find this printer driver?

Charlie Russel - MVP

ntprint.inf

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Ned H. wrote:
> I have a shared printer on a networked drive. On the sharing page,
> there is an advance tab that allows me to add a Windows XP, x64
> printer driver, presumably so that I can use this printer from my X64
> machine. Where do I find this printer driver?

Ned H.

Thanks.

Now I have the reverse problem. Where are the printer drivers for 32bit XP?

Thanks.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> ntprint.inf
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Ned H. wrote:
>> I have a shared printer on a networked drive. On the sharing page,
>> there is an advance tab that allows me to add a Windows XP, x64
>> printer driver, presumably so that I can use this printer from my X64
>> machine. Where do I find this printer driver?

Charlie Russel - MVP

same file, on your 32-bit OS CD, in the \i386 directory.

--

Ned H. wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> Now I have the reverse problem. Where are the printer drivers for
> 32bit XP?
> Thanks.
>

> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ntprint.inf
>>
>> --
>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>> ======================
>> Charlie.
>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>>

>> Ned H. wrote:
>>> I have a shared printer on a networked drive. On the sharing page,
>>> there is an advance tab that allows me to add a Windows XP, x64
>>> printer driver, presumably so that I can use this printer from my
>>> X64 machine. Where do I find this printer driver?

Ned H.

Done.

Now, why didn't I think of that?

Just an asside, it should be a bit easier than it was to figure this out.

Ned

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> same file, on your 32-bit OS CD, in the \i386 directory.
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Ned H. wrote:
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Now I have the reverse problem. Where are the printer drivers for
>> 32bit XP?
>> Thanks.
>>

>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> ntprint.inf
>>>
>>> --
>>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes. I'd actually like to see the necessary files for other architectures
included on the CD for just this reason. But they're not, so we get to hunt
around for the CD's when we do this. BTW, I've blogged this today so we can
point others at the solution easily.