Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista CDs....

Vista CDs....

Tony

Can the Vista iso be burned to and installed from multiple CDs instead of
DVD ?

Christian Hougardy \(MS XP MVP\)

Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can the Vista iso be burned to and installed from multiple CDs
> instead of DVD ?

No, but as far as I understand, we'll be able to get CD's from MS in the
future.
Unless you want to play with it and create your own bootable cd's, no...

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy
(Ruiselede - Belgium)

Charlie Russel - MVP

No. DVD only, at least at this point.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Tony wrote:
> Can the Vista iso be burned to and installed from multiple CDs
> instead of DVD ?

John Long

I've been away for a bit.

Is vista (Beta ?) available for download to the general developer or is it
still just a MSDN download??

(I looked and did not see the answers in my collection of posts.)

Thanks
John

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can the Vista iso be burned to and installed from multiple CDs instead of
> DVD ?

Charlie Russel - MVP

MSDN or Technical beta only at this point. There's likely to be a wider
distribution later, but at this point it's still pretty early in the game.

--

John Long wrote:
> I've been away for a bit.
>
> Is vista (Beta ?) available for download to the general developer or
> is it still just a MSDN download??
>
> (I looked and did not see the answers in my collection of posts.)
>

> Thanks
> John
>

> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can the Vista iso be burned to and installed from multiple CDs
>> instead of DVD ?

Andre Da Costa

So Charlie, there is not way span the iso across multiple CD-ROMs?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MSDN or Technical beta only at this point. There's likely to be a wider
> distribution later, but at this point it's still pretty early in the game.
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> John Long wrote:
>> I've been away for a bit.
>>
>> Is vista (Beta ?) available for download to the general developer or
>> is it still just a MSDN download??
>>
>> (I looked and did not see the answers in my collection of posts.)
>>

>> Thanks
>> John
>>

>> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Can the Vista iso be burned to and installed from multiple CDs
>>> instead of DVD ?

Tony

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#u2Ca0HmFHA.2060
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

> So Charlie, there is not way span the iso across multiple CD-ROMs?

That's what I was really asking, Andre...

Charlie Russel - MVP

not that I'm aware of. And specifically, the list of requirements for Vista
includes a DVD drive.

--

Andre Da Costa wrote:
> So Charlie, there is not way span the iso across multiple CD-ROMs?
>> MSDN or Technical beta only at this point. There's likely to be a
>> wider distribution later, but at this point it's still pretty early
>> in the game. --
>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>> ======================
>> Charlie.
>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>>

>> John Long wrote:
>>> I've been away for a bit.
>>>
>>> Is vista (Beta ?) available for download to the general developer or
>>> is it still just a MSDN download??
>>>
>>> (I looked and did not see the answers in my collection of posts.)
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> John
>>>

>>> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

I suppose some smart person will suggest a way to do it. But it isn't
supported and there won't be a CD install of Vista. The hardware requirements
include a DVD drive as a minimum, at least at this point.

--

Tony wrote:
> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#u2Ca0HmFHA.2060
> @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
>
>> So Charlie, there is not way span the iso across multiple CD-ROMs?

> That's what I was really asking, Andre...

David R. Norton MVP

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> I suppose some smart person will suggest a way to do it. But it isn't
> supported and there won't be a CD install of Vista. The hardware
> requirements include a DVD drive as a minimum, at least at this point.

I'm WAAAAAY too lazy to try and find the post but I believe somebody did this
by downloading the ISO, using ISObuster to un-ISO it onto their harddrive and
then installed from there.

They did not have a DVD burner or DVD drive so that was the only option
available to them.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>