Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > *Dual* processor temperature software ?

*Dual* processor temperature software ?

NNBXX

Thanks, but still nothing. Maybe that's because MBM5 doesn't *completely* support my mobo and my chipset, for my computer is a Dell Precision 670, but MBM5 only supports the Dell Precision 650, which has a different motherboard and chipset.
"mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
check under Settings, System Info and the System Info at the bottom for the sensor for the second CPU.

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%23pyO%(E-Mail Removed)...
Are there any software for this ? I've tried Motherboard Monitor 5 (MBM5)
and SpeedFan, but they seem to measure the temperature of only 1 processor
(CPU0), and not of both of them. My BIOS doesn't allow temperature
measurement (my computer is a Dell Precison 670 Workstation). Both
processors are activated in BIOS, and Windows XP x64 sees 4 processors
(Xeons EM64T with HT).

Thanks.

Rick

If you're saying CoreCenter doesn't work in Win x64, that's right.
CoreCenter is a 32 bit program with 32 bit drivers.

mikey wrote:
> what MSI mobo do you have, mine is a K8T Nero with AMD 3200 and Core
> Cednter does not work for me.

mikey

have you tried updating MBM5 data base of motherboards.
might require re-install. do not remember seeing a way to do it after install.

(E-Mail Removed)

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

don

I woiuld think that if , as you say, that your BIOS doesn't allow temp,
measurement,
then that feature will never truly be available for your mobo, no matter
what software
you use. I understood that such monitor programs did so through a polling of
sorts through
the bios( but then , Im way not expert), so unless an update bios enables
it, you might
want to look into a add-on hardware solution. these are often used by the
overclock crowd,
and do not take up any of your systems resources.

Don

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23pyO%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are there any software for this ? I've tried Motherboard Monitor 5 (MBM5)
> and SpeedFan, but they seem to measure the temperature of only 1 processor
> (CPU0), and not of both of them. My BIOS doesn't allow temperature
> measurement (my computer is a Dell Precison 670 Workstation). Both
> processors are activated in BIOS, and Windows XP x64 sees 4 processors
> (Xeons EM64T with HT).
>
> Thanks.

NNBXX

Thanks for your reply Don, it gives me an interesting clue. But what do you
mean when you talk about add-on hardware solution ? Do you mean a probe to
be attached to the CPUs, or something like that ?

"don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I woiuld think that if , as you say, that your BIOS doesn't allow temp,
> measurement,
> then that feature will never truly be available for your mobo, no matter
> what software
> you use. I understood that such monitor programs did so through a polling
> of sorts through
> the bios( but then , Im way not expert), so unless an update bios enables
> it, you might
> want to look into a add-on hardware solution. these are often used by the
> overclock crowd,
> and do not take up any of your systems resources.
>
> Don
>
> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23pyO%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Are there any software for this ? I've tried Motherboard Monitor 5 (MBM5)
>> and SpeedFan, but they seem to measure the temperature of only 1
>> processor (CPU0), and not of both of them. My BIOS doesn't allow
>> temperature measurement (my computer is a Dell Precison 670 Workstation).
>> Both processors are activated in BIOS, and Windows XP x64 sees 4
>> processors (Xeons EM64T with HT).
>>
>> Thanks.

don

yes, with temp readout and often fan controls, goes in an empty cd drive
bay, really small probes that can be placed under the heatsinks next to the
cpu's. normally there are 2 temp probes, one for the case temp and one for
the cpu, but you could use both probes for both cpu's
Don

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your reply Don, it gives me an interesting clue. But what do
> you mean when you talk about add-on hardware solution ? Do you mean a
> probe to be attached to the CPUs, or something like that ?
>
> "don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I woiuld think that if , as you say, that your BIOS doesn't allow temp,
>> measurement,
>> then that feature will never truly be available for your mobo, no matter
>> what software
>> you use. I understood that such monitor programs did so through a polling
>> of sorts through
>> the bios( but then , Im way not expert), so unless an update bios enables
>> it, you might
>> want to look into a add-on hardware solution. these are often used by
>> the overclock crowd,
>> and do not take up any of your systems resources.
>>
>> Don
>>
>> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23pyO%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Are there any software for this ? I've tried Motherboard Monitor 5
>>> (MBM5) and SpeedFan, but they seem to measure the temperature of only 1
>>> processor (CPU0), and not of both of them. My BIOS doesn't allow
>>> temperature measurement (my computer is a Dell Precison 670
>>> Workstation). Both processors are activated in BIOS, and Windows XP x64
>>> sees 4 processors (Xeons EM64T with HT).
>>>
>>> Thanks.

McGrandpa

Everest Home v. 2.20 should show multiple cpu's as well as GPU temps.
McG.

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23pyO%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are there any software for this ? I've tried Motherboard Monitor 5 (MBM5)
> and SpeedFan, but they seem to measure the temperature of only 1 processor
> (CPU0), and not of both of them. My BIOS doesn't allow temperature
> measurement (my computer is a Dell Precison 670 Workstation). Both
> processors are activated in BIOS, and Windows XP x64 sees 4 processors
> (Xeons EM64T with HT).
>
> Thanks.

Jean-Baptiste Faure

Thanks for your reply

Unfortunately, Everest Home 2.20 won't do the trick on my computer. It
invariably displays 68C for each CPU, no matter if it's idle or at full
load.

news:e1DzpB%(E-Mail Removed)...