Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Webcams under win xp 64 bit

Webcams under win xp 64 bit

=?Utf-8?B?aG9sdHlyZQ==?=

Is there a webcam what works under this operating system? i have a logitech
but they say that it is to expensive to make a xp64 driver for it. Do someone
know if there is another cam what have already a 64 bit driver?

Andre Da Costa

The manufacturer is the best source for you to get drivers for your web cam
or you might just have to buy a new one that supports x64 out of the box.

From M. Murcek:
http://testedproducts.windowsmarketp...=0&ocID=0&OR=1

You can choose Designed for Windows XP x64 Edition from the By Compatibility
box on the left. It ain't no HCL, but it's a resource...

--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"holtyre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a webcam what works under this operating system? i have a
> logitech
> but they say that it is to expensive to make a xp64 driver for it. Do
> someone
> know if there is another cam what have already a 64 bit driver?

=?Utf-8?B?aG9sdHlyZQ==?=

I can't find any that are compatible with the 64 bit o.s.
i browse through the whole site but there arn't any for the new operating
system yet for so far i can see. But if someone find a cam what work under
xp64 let me know please

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> The manufacturer is the best source for you to get drivers for your web cam
> or you might just have to buy a new one that supports x64 out of the box.
>
> From M. Murcek:
> http://testedproducts.windowsmarketp...=0&ocID=0&OR=1
>
> You can choose Designed for Windows XP x64 Edition from the By Compatibility
> box on the left. It ain't no HCL, but it's a resource...
>
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> "holtyre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there a webcam what works under this operating system? i have a
> > logitech
> > but they say that it is to expensive to make a xp64 driver for it. Do
> > someone
> > know if there is another cam what have already a 64 bit driver?

=?Utf-8?B?TXljcm9iaXRlcw==?=

Was locating my web cam driver today through Intel. I noticed that the Intel
WEBCAM C120 has the driver update for X64 bit. www.Intel.com check it out
under webcams. Note: No Driver update for Intel C110 web cams

"holtyre" wrote:

> I can't find any that are compatible with the 64 bit o.s.
> i browse through the whole site but there arn't any for the new operating
> system yet for so far i can see. But if someone find a cam what work under
> xp64 let me know please
>

> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
> > The manufacturer is the best source for you to get drivers for your web cam
> > or you might just have to buy a new one that supports x64 out of the box.
> >
> > From M. Murcek:
> > http://testedproducts.windowsmarketp...=0&ocID=0&OR=1
> >
> > You can choose Designed for Windows XP x64 Edition from the By Compatibility
> > box on the left. It ain't no HCL, but it's a resource...
> >
> > --
> > Andre
> > "holtyre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Is there a webcam what works under this operating system? i have a
> > > logitech
> > > but they say that it is to expensive to make a xp64 driver for it. Do
> > > someone
> > > know if there is another cam what have already a 64 bit driver?

Rick

You must have a different Intel web site in Florida. The one I go to,
www.intel.com, does not list a Webcam C120. I can't find one via
Google, either.

Do you have a direct link to the driver you mention?

Mycrobites wrote:
> Was locating my web cam driver today through Intel. I noticed that the Intel
> WEBCAM C120 has the driver update for X64 bit. www.Intel.com check it out
> under webcams. Note: No Driver update for Intel C110 web cams
>
> "holtyre" wrote:
>

>>I can't find any that are compatible with the 64 bit o.s.
>>i browse through the whole site but there arn't any for the new operating
>>system yet for so far i can see. But if someone find a cam what work under
>>xp64 let me know please
>>

>>"Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>>

>>>The manufacturer is the best source for you to get drivers for your web cam
>>>or you might just have to buy a new one that supports x64 out of the box.
>>>
>>>From M. Murcek:
>>>http://testedproducts.windowsmarketp...=0&ocID=0&OR=1
>>>
>>>You can choose Designed for Windows XP x64 Edition from the By Compatibility
>>>box on the left. It ain't no HCL, but it's a resource...
>>>
>>>--
>>>Andre
>>>Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>>Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>>>http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>>>FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>>>"holtyre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?TXljcm9iaXRlcw==?=

Its a process of dragging files, like with the Direct 9X... same type of
procedures. I guess until they have everything figured out enough to make a
full driver update noticeable for each individual cam. We have an intel cam
to do this with. Its not that the CS120 is available as 64 bit but is linked
to driver application updates. Its alot of copy and pasting, might as well
just wait since we are ginnea pigs anyways !!! Unless you know how to change
code applications. Too much work for a 30.00 webcam!!!!! Sry about the miss
understanding