Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE 2003 Server

MCSE 2003 Server

Kevin Bannister

I am just about to purchase the self paced books for the
4 core exams.
I want to achieve a full MCSE, but need a few questions
answered

I do not have any work experience in the field, so doe
this mean I cannot do these exams.
I do have an Advanced GNVQ in IT though and a good
working knowledge of hardware.

I ask because I read need one years experience for each
MCP.
This would be a shame if I cannot do the exams as the
whole point of the exersise is to get a job in Networking.

Thanks for any replies.

Rowdy Yates

"Kevin Bannister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:140a501c417f6$cce4b1f0$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am just about to purchase the self paced books for the
> 4 core exams.
> I want to achieve a full MCSE, but need a few questions
> answered
>
> I do not have any work experience in the field, so doe
> this mean I cannot do these exams.
> I do have an Advanced GNVQ in IT though and a good
> working knowledge of hardware.
>
> I ask because I read need one years experience for each
> MCP.
> This would be a shame if I cannot do the exams as the
> whole point of the exersise is to get a job in Networking.
>
> Thanks for any replies.

it's "recommeded" that you have experience.

but microsoft are more than happy to take your hard earned cash even if you
don't.

Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
---
MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
--
MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

Kevin Bannister

yrs experience in network industry.
Is this totaly correct, which means I cannot do this set
of exams.
How am I meant to get into the industry without an MCSE
in the first place, as most companies require you to have
it.

Rowdy Yates

"Kevin Bannister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:172e901c41801$30f282d0$(E-Mail Removed):

>>Thanks for any replies.
>>.
>>I have already read those links, it does say have one

> yrs experience in network industry.
> Is this totaly correct, which means I cannot do this set
> of exams.
> How am I meant to get into the industry without an MCSE
> in the first place, as most companies require you to have
> it.

you will have a much easier time understanng the material if you have the
experience.

it sounds like you don't have the experience. then just go for a MCP or MCSA
at most. get the experience and then got for MCSE.

Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
---
MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
--
MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
--
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
--
Microsoft Certified Professional Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

Neil

"Kevin Bannister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:172e901c41801$30f282d0$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have already read those links, it does say have one
> yrs experience in network industry.
> Is this totaly correct, which means I cannot do this set
> of exams.
> How am I meant to get into the industry without an MCSE
> in the first place, as most companies require you to have
> it.

not requierd but beneficial. as for into the industry, start at the bottom
(like all us slobs did)

--
Neil

Rowdy Yates

Neil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns94BE70352F131neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:

> not requierd but beneficial. as for into the industry, start at the bottom
> (like all us slobs did)

hey. i think i have never risen past the "bottom". oh, i forgot. that's my
profession. it's called network administration.

ry

Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
---
MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
--
MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
--
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
--
Microsoft Certified Professional Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

someone who has told me if I have a reasonable knowledge
of networking I will be OK, I have helped set up LAN
parties, and can setup Wireless networking, so should be
fine, ordering the books, its time to study hard.

Andy Foster

Kevin Bannister wrote

>>I am just about to purchase the self paced books for the
>>4 core exams.
>>I want to achieve a full MCSE, but need a few questions
>>answered
>>
>>I do not have any work experience in the field, so doe
>>this mean I cannot do these exams.
>>I do have an Advanced GNVQ in IT though and a good
>>working knowledge of hardware.
>>
>>I ask because I read need one years experience for each
>>MCP.
>>This would be a shame if I cannot do the exams as the
>>whole point of the exersise is to get a job in

>Networking.
>>
>>Thanks for any replies.
>>.
>>I have already read those links, it does say have one

>yrs experience in network industry.
>Is this totaly correct, which means I cannot do this set
>of exams.
>How am I meant to get into the industry without an MCSE
>in the first place, as most companies require you to have
>it.
>.

You don't need experience to pass the MCSE exams, but try
finding a job in IT without experience.
As to how you are meant to get into the industry without
work experience (or an MCSE), as far as the industry is
concerned you aren't meant to get into it - it's not their
problem.
Many companies have outsourced their entry-level jobs to
India/China/etc., so there are a lot of people with
experience fighting over few entry-level jobs. You may
well be much more capable and knowledgeable than the
recently down-sized helldesk monkey who's also applying
for the job, but the employers will see that he has
experience, and has proven himself.
It can be done, but it ain't gonna be easy. You'll be
joining thousands of others who'd do just about anything
to get their foor in the door.
For a reality check, phone a few local IT recruiters and
ask them if they've got any jobs for MCSEs without any
experience.

Whatever you do, don't sign up for an over-priced
bootcamp - self study is the way to go - if you don't get
your foot in the door, all it'll have cost you is the
price of the books (which you'll still have) and the price
of the exams.

Rowdy Yates

"Andy Foster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:127ce01c4181e$09c16010$(E-Mail Removed):

Well said Andy. TO which I would like to add:

http://tinyurl.com/yu5ja

Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
---
MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
--
MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
--
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
--
Microsoft Certified Professional Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

Brat

ok I'm not opening any more links from Rowdy... who's with me? Kenny, I
know you are

--
Sue MCNGP #69

news:Xns94BE92C6B3616rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..