Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Anyone successfully install 2003 Server x64 (or even XP 64) on ASUS AN8, Gigabyte K8NF9, or MSI K8N Neo4 motherboard?

Anyone successfully install 2003 Server x64 (or even XP 64) on ASUS AN8, Gigabyte K8NF9, or MSI K8N Neo4 motherboard?

John Barnes

Dual boot and you won't be sorry.

"RCSea" <randyc@speakeasy> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK, thanks everyone for all the replies.
>
> I had decided to go with the ASUS board but, because MSI just started a
> $25
> rebate program for a bunch of their mobos tonight at midnight as I was
> placing my order on newegg, I ended up ordering the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
> (I
> had been looking at the Neo 4-F). A complete steal for the feature set.
>
> I'll probably put on XP Pro 32 to make sure all the hardware is working in
> general before I get to playing with the 64 bit trial version.
>
> Thanks,
> -rc
>

> "RCSea" <randyc@speakeasy> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm planning on getting either the ASUS AN8-E or MSI K8N Neo 4-F, or

> possibly
>> the Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 motherboard, and was wondering if anyone has had
>> it
>> up and running with Windows Server 2003 64 bit (or even just XP 64 bit).

> It
>> seems like a lot of the drivers for these boards' components still say

> 'Beta
>> version', so I would like to avoid buying something that isn't really
>> supported on x64 platforms right now. I'm leaning towards the ASUS board

> but
>> the MSI board is only about $10 more and the driver download page seems a
>> more promising.
>>
>> -rc

Colin Barnhorst

Dual boot a server?????

news:%23msNF%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dual boot and you won't be sorry.
>
> "RCSea" <randyc@speakeasy> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> OK, thanks everyone for all the replies.
>>
>> I had decided to go with the ASUS board but, because MSI just started a
>> $25
>> rebate program for a bunch of their mobos tonight at midnight as I was
>> placing my order on newegg, I ended up ordering the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
>> (I
>> had been looking at the Neo 4-F). A complete steal for the feature set.
>>
>> I'll probably put on XP Pro 32 to make sure all the hardware is working
>> in
>> general before I get to playing with the 64 bit trial version.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -rc
>>

>> "RCSea" <randyc@speakeasy> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I'm planning on getting either the ASUS AN8-E or MSI K8N Neo 4-F, or

>> possibly
>>> the Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 motherboard, and was wondering if anyone has had
>>> it
>>> up and running with Windows Server 2003 64 bit (or even just XP 64 bit).

>> It
>>> seems like a lot of the drivers for these boards' components still say

>> 'Beta
>>> version', so I would like to avoid buying something that isn't really
>>> supported on x64 platforms right now. I'm leaning towards the ASUS board

>> but
>>> the MSI board is only about $10 more and the driver download page seems
>>> more promising.
>>>
>>> -rc

Charlie Russel - MVP

sure, done it many times in the days before VS/VPC. Would still do it if I
needed a test bed server that was x64, since we don't have VS x64 client
support yet. Obviously not a production server, though.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.