Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > This CPU is not compatible with x64

This CPU is not compatible with x64

=?Utf-8?B?TWl0Y2g=?=

My system is running windows xp pro.
Task manager shows two CPU`s
Yet when I try to install windows xp x64 I get CPU is not compatible
--
Gigabyte ga-81955x Royal with Intel Pentium 4 Processor Exttreme Edition
3.46 1066 fsb 2 Gb ram ddr2 pc6400

Daniel Herrmann

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Hello,

> Yet when I try to install windows xp x64 I get CPU is not compatible

It seems that your Processor is not a 64 bit Version. AFAIK has not the
EMT64 Extension.

http://www.hardtecs4u.com/reviews/2005/intel_p4_6xx/

The 3,64 Version is not x64 compatible.

Daniel

Colin Barnhorst

The two cpu's show when the real cpu has hyperthreading enabled.
If you had a dual core cpu with hyperthreading you would see four cpu's.

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My system is running windows xp pro.
> Task manager shows two CPU`s
> Yet when I try to install windows xp x64 I get CPU is not compatible
> --
> Gigabyte ga-81955x Royal with Intel Pentium 4 Processor Exttreme Edition
> 3.46 1066 fsb 2 Gb ram ddr2 pc6400

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

If it isnt EM64T then it wont work with x64.

Jimmy

This is exactly why Microsoft is NOT making 64-bit windows a RETAIL product.

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My system is running windows xp pro.
> Task manager shows two CPU`s
> Yet when I try to install windows xp x64 I get CPU is not compatible
> --
> Gigabyte ga-81955x Royal with Intel Pentium 4 Processor Exttreme Edition
> 3.46 1066 fsb 2 Gb ram ddr2 pc6400

Colin Barnhorst

You mean I can't connect two of my 32bit machines and run a 64bit OS?
Questions like that?

"Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is exactly why Microsoft is NOT making 64-bit windows a RETAIL
> product.
>
> "Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My system is running windows xp pro.
>> Task manager shows two CPU`s
>> Yet when I try to install windows xp x64 I get CPU is not compatible
>> --
>> Gigabyte ga-81955x Royal with Intel Pentium 4 Processor Exttreme Edition
>> 3.46 1066 fsb 2 Gb ram ddr2 pc6400

bal

Mitch Wrote:
> My system is running windows xp pro.
> Task manager shows two CPU`s
> Yet when I try to install windows xp x64 I get CPU is not compatible
> --
> Gigabyte ga-81955x Royal with Intel Pentium 4 Processor Exttrem
> Edition
> 3.46 1066 fsb 2 Gb ram ddr2 pc6400

If I was you I wood check your processor no on

Intel.com to see if you have got what you are spouse to have

I am on Gigabyte ga-81955x Royal with Intel Pentium 4 Processor Extrem
Edition

And it is working fine

BA

--
ba
bal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=621

DKI

It depends on the manufucture (if it was brought as a package) as to wether
they want to supply the P4 with EMT64.

If it was built by him self the the P4 he chose was an P4 without EMT64
which is why it don't work and in order to use Windows XP X64 he would need
to go out and buy the P4 with EMT64 or stick with XPSP2 and see if he can
get a refund on Windows XP X64.
..
"bal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Mitch Wrote:
>> My system is running windows xp pro.
>> Task manager shows two CPU`s
>> Yet when I try to install windows xp x64 I get CPU is not compatible
>> --
>> Gigabyte ga-81955x Royal with Intel Pentium 4 Processor Exttreme
>> Edition
>> 3.46 1066 fsb 2 Gb ram ddr2 pc6400

> If I was you I wood check your processor no on
>
> Intel.com to see if you have got what you are spouse to have
>
> I am on Gigabyte ga-81955x Royal with Intel Pentium 4 Processor Extreme
> Edition
>
> And it is working fine
>
> BAL
>

> --
> bal
> bal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=6214
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=332373
> Visit - http://www.techarena.in | http://forums.techarena.in |
> http://gallery.techarena.in

NoNoBadDog!

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My system is running windows xp pro.
> Task manager shows two CPU`s
> Yet when I try to install windows xp x64 I get CPU is not compatible
> --
> Gigabyte ga-81955x Royal with Intel Pentium 4 Processor Exttreme Edition
> 3.46 1066 fsb 2 Gb ram ddr2 pc6400

You do not have a 64 bit processor. The P4 3.46 EE is a 32 bit processor.

Bobby

NoNoBadDog!

Another brain dead idiot chimes in with a completely wrong answer.

Jimmy, just shut up. You're not big enough to play with the big boys.

Are you really as stupid as your post makes you sound?

F'ing idiot.

Bobby