Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Scanning in win xp 64

Scanning in win xp 64

=?Utf-8?B?S3VlMg==?=

In Windows Paint program "from scanner or camera is greyed out.
Is Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service installed. evalution copy build
3790 sp1???

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Microsoft Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) architecture does not support
scanners with the sole or primary function of film or slide scanning.
Therefore, the Windows Image Acquisition Minidriver test is not required for
these device types.

Additionally, conference cameras that operate only while in tethered mode
(connected to the PC) are not required to run the Windows Image Acquisition
Minidriver test.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwtest...ype=Err&ID=434
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In Windows Paint program "from scanner or camera is greyed out.
> Is Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service installed. evalution copy
> build
> 3790 sp1???

=?Utf-8?B?S3VlMg==?=

My epson scanning software (for win64) would not work in win xp 64 after I
installed it. The windows paint program would not scan either. I re-installed
win 64 bit.While installing a box poped up asking me if I wished to countinue
installing the epson cx 4600 I said yes.Upon finishing the installation The
software now works fine, it see the epson scanner,from the epson icon & in
windows paint program.
{))))))