Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Adaptec SCSI controller driver

Reply
Thread Tools

Adaptec SCSI controller driver

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fsdmlu?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2005
Is there a list of SCSI controller cards that are supported by the inbox
drivers? I need to know if Adaptec 2940Ultra is supported by the inbox
drivers of XPP X64 edition. Thanks.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2005
Please check here:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...Windows+XP+x64
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Calvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a list of SCSI controller cards that are supported by the inbox
> drivers? I need to know if Adaptec 2940Ultra is supported by the inbox
> drivers of XPP X64 edition. Thanks.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ted
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2005
When I first tried to install XP 64, I had the 29160,
I had hell of a time getting it to boot from the CD-ROM.
It booted OK after a while.
It installed XP 64 OK, but when it rebooted, XP could not
see the bootable CD.
Maybe should have installed latest Adaptec drivers, as Andre
suggests.
But I am trying to get rid of SCSI, so I switched to SATA.


"Calvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a list of SCSI controller cards that are supported by the inbox
> drivers? I need to know if Adaptec 2940Ultra is supported by the inbox
> drivers of XPP X64 edition. Thanks.



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?SGVucmlr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-28-2005
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/0,,30_2252_869_875^10454,00.html

should list most things

and to supplement that, try http://www.hcl.ms/

or www.adaptec.com

Henrik

PS: Not much help but my 39320R is supported
 
Reply With Quote
 
R. C. White
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-28-2005
Hi, Calvin.

Check this page:
http://adaptec-tic.adaptec.com/cgi-b...cGFnZT0x&p_li=

For the 2940U it says Yes and then:
A "Yes" in this column indicates that Microsoft has provided a driver for
this card, embedded in the final release of Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition
(included on the CD-ROM).

Enjoy!

My 2930U2 wasn't so lucky, so I bought a SATA drive and retired my
"humongous" 9 GB IBM HD after 5 years as my boot device. And now x64 boots
quickly because it doesn't have to wait while the SCSI BIOS loads and finds
my HD. ;<)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Calvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a list of SCSI controller cards that are supported by the inbox
> drivers? I need to know if Adaptec 2940Ultra is supported by the inbox
> drivers of XPP X64 edition. Thanks.



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fsdmlu?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-28-2005
I'd like to thank everyone who had responded to my question, all messages are
very helpful, and your link gave me exactly what I was looking for. Thank
you very much.

Regards,

Calvin

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Calvin.
>
> Check this page:
> http://adaptec-tic.adaptec.com/cgi-b...cGFnZT0x&p_li=
>
> For the 2940U it says Yes and then:
> A "Yes" in this column indicates that Microsoft has provided a driver for
> this card, embedded in the final release of Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition
> (included on the CD-ROM).
>
> Enjoy!
>
> My 2930U2 wasn't so lucky, so I bought a SATA drive and retired my
> "humongous" 9 GB IBM HD after 5 years as my boot device. And now x64 boots
> quickly because it doesn't have to wait while the SCSI BIOS loads and finds
> my HD. ;<)
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Calvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there a list of SCSI controller cards that are supported by the inbox
> > drivers? I need to know if Adaptec 2940Ultra is supported by the inbox
> > drivers of XPP X64 edition. Thanks.

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows XP 64 bit SCSI Issues with adaptec 29160 =?Utf-8?B?UmljYXJkb0RhTW9ua2V5?= Windows 64bit 9 07-21-2007 04:37 PM
Getting Adaptec 1522A SCSI card to work under Windows XP Barry OGrady Computer Support 3 03-27-2006 07:22 AM
64bit driver for adaptec scsi card (winxp64) Kamil Kieca Windows 64bit 7 06-14-2005 06:47 PM
Adaptec SCSI drivers for x64 NNBXX Windows 64bit 6 05-11-2005 02:22 PM
FS: ISA-bus Adaptec 1505 SCSI adaptor steve NZ Computing 1 01-10-2004 12:42 AM



Advertisments