Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Printer drivers

Printer drivers

Mike

We purchased a new computer with windows xp pro x64 and printer drivers are
few. We have a DesignJet 500 42" plotter. If anyone knows if there is a
driver or an alternate compatible driver that you have gotten to work, this
info would be much appriciated.

I checked HP's web site, and they do not have x64 drivers, i called HP but
our plotter is out of warranty and they wouldnt tell me anything without
charging me 30+ bucks.. I googled it and came up empty.

Thanks
Mike

Colin Barnhorst

The DesignJet 500 came up on 7/25/05 in connection with AutoCad with the
conclusion that there were no 64bit drivers and no one mentioned any
compatible plotter with a 64bit driver. If you learn otherwise, please post
back because as you will see in the thread "Autocad LT on x64" others are
looking too.

You might also look at the forums on PlanetAMD64 because folks there are
posting this kind of info when they find it or a new driver releases (not
likely with the 500, however).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We purchased a new computer with windows xp pro x64 and printer drivers
> are few. We have a DesignJet 500 42" plotter. If anyone knows if there is
> a driver or an alternate compatible driver that you have gotten to work,
> this info would be much appriciated.
>
> I checked HP's web site, and they do not have x64 drivers, i called HP but
> our plotter is out of warranty and they wouldnt tell me anything without
> charging me 30+ bucks.. I googled it and came up empty.
>
> Thanks
> Mike

=?Utf-8?B?SGVjdG9y?=

Colin:

I know for a fact that there is a reference to HP printer drivers here.
As a matter of fact I have a photosmart P1000 and I did not find a driver at
HP's web site. There is a guy that wrote a driver for the HP and it worked
great for me.
I know this is going to sound bad but you may need to do a search back and
I unloaded XP 64 from my system but I am back and am going to look for that
driver.
If I find it before you do I will notify you

Hector
--
Hector

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> The DesignJet 500 came up on 7/25/05 in connection with AutoCad with the
> conclusion that there were no 64bit drivers and no one mentioned any
> compatible plotter with a 64bit driver. If you learn otherwise, please post
> back because as you will see in the thread "Autocad LT on x64" others are
> looking too.
>
> You might also look at the forums on PlanetAMD64 because folks there are
> posting this kind of info when they find it or a new driver releases (not
> likely with the 500, however).

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > We purchased a new computer with windows xp pro x64 and printer drivers
> > are few. We have a DesignJet 500 42" plotter. If anyone knows if there is
> > a driver or an alternate compatible driver that you have gotten to work,
> > this info would be much appriciated.
> >
> > I checked HP's web site, and they do not have x64 drivers, i called HP but
> > our plotter is out of warranty and they wouldnt tell me anything without
> > charging me 30+ bucks.. I googled it and came up empty.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mike

=?Utf-8?B?SGVjdG9y?=

Ok, I found it for you
go to page 45 and there will be a reference to printers
then you will find a link to planet64 and there you will find your driver it
works for me and I installed it in my system
--
Hector

"Hector" wrote:

> Colin:
>
> I know for a fact that there is a reference to HP printer drivers here.
> As a matter of fact I have a photosmart P1000 and I did not find a driver at
> HP's web site. There is a guy that wrote a driver for the HP and it worked
> great for me.
> I know this is going to sound bad but you may need to do a search back and
> I unloaded XP 64 from my system but I am back and am going to look for that
> driver.
> If I find it before you do I will notify you
>
> Hector
> --
> Hector
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
> > The DesignJet 500 came up on 7/25/05 in connection with AutoCad with the
> > conclusion that there were no 64bit drivers and no one mentioned any
> > compatible plotter with a 64bit driver. If you learn otherwise, please post
> > back because as you will see in the thread "Autocad LT on x64" others are
> > looking too.
> >
> > You might also look at the forums on PlanetAMD64 because folks there are
> > posting this kind of info when they find it or a new driver releases (not
> > likely with the 500, however).
> >
> > "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > We purchased a new computer with windows xp pro x64 and printer drivers
> > > are few. We have a DesignJet 500 42" plotter. If anyone knows if there is
> > > a driver or an alternate compatible driver that you have gotten to work,
> > > this info would be much appriciated.
> > >
> > > I checked HP's web site, and they do not have x64 drivers, i called HP but
> > > our plotter is out of warranty and they wouldnt tell me anything without
> > > charging me 30+ bucks.. I googled it and came up empty.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Mike

Colin Barnhorst

I was just referencing other posts on the DesignJet in an effort to be
helpful. I don't have one and don't need the driver.

"Hector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Colin:
>
> I know for a fact that there is a reference to HP printer drivers here.
> As a matter of fact I have a photosmart P1000 and I did not find a driver
> at
> HP's web site. There is a guy that wrote a driver for the HP and it worked
> great for me.
> I know this is going to sound bad but you may need to do a search back and
> I unloaded XP 64 from my system but I am back and am going to look for
> that
> driver.
> If I find it before you do I will notify you
>
> Hector
> --
> Hector
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> The DesignJet 500 came up on 7/25/05 in connection with AutoCad with the
>> conclusion that there were no 64bit drivers and no one mentioned any
>> compatible plotter with a 64bit driver. If you learn otherwise, please
>> post
>> back because as you will see in the thread "Autocad LT on x64" others are
>> looking too.
>>
>> You might also look at the forums on PlanetAMD64 because folks there are
>> posting this kind of info when they find it or a new driver releases (not
>> likely with the 500, however).
>>
>> "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > We purchased a new computer with windows xp pro x64 and printer drivers
>> > are few. We have a DesignJet 500 42" plotter. If anyone knows if there
>> > is
>> > a driver or an alternate compatible driver that you have gotten to
>> > work,
>> > this info would be much appriciated.
>> >
>> > I checked HP's web site, and they do not have x64 drivers, i called HP
>> > but
>> > our plotter is out of warranty and they wouldnt tell me anything
>> > without
>> > charging me 30+ bucks.. I googled it and came up empty.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Mike

rhopkins

--
rhopkins
rhopkins's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=860

=?Utf-8?B?SGVjdG9y?=

You really have to read the fine line. As I said I have a Photosmart P1000
and there is a workaround for this printer and as a matter of fact I am using
the Deskjet driver. It prints just fine. It did take me a few hit and misses
but after going step by step I managed to install it