Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 2nd Time nVidia Drivers

2nd Time nVidia Drivers

=?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

Hey All,
This happened a few months ago and again just now....
Every time I load nVidia drivers 64 bit of course... windows locks on the
welcome screen and just stops during boot.

I'm attempting to use the CD to try to back the computer a few day and all
would be well, but the Windows Xp 64-bit when it starts the help and repair
asks for an admin password.
I have never have a password?
Help!
Thanks
Thanks

M. Murcek

Two things: If you didn't add an admin password, it's probably blank - try
just hitting <enter> when asked. Also, did you try using F8 at boot time
and selecting Last Known Good to revert to the previous set of drivers?

"OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey All,
> This happened a few months ago and again just now....
> Every time I load nVidia drivers 64 bit of course... windows locks on the
> welcome screen and just stops during boot.
>
> I'm attempting to use the CD to try to back the computer a few day and all
> would be well, but the Windows Xp 64-bit when it starts the help and
> repair
> asks for an admin password.
> I have never have a password?
> Help!
> Thanks
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

Hey I did try the blank <enter> didn't work... I however did try safe mode
but did NOT try last know good boot... lets see if that works
Thanks for your help
Op

"M. Murcek" wrote:

> Two things: If you didn't add an admin password, it's probably blank - try
> just hitting <enter> when asked. Also, did you try using F8 at boot time
> and selecting Last Known Good to revert to the previous set of drivers?
>
> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hey All,
> > This happened a few months ago and again just now....
> > Every time I load nVidia drivers 64 bit of course... windows locks on the
> > welcome screen and just stops during boot.
> >
> > I'm attempting to use the CD to try to back the computer a few day and all
> > would be well, but the Windows Xp 64-bit when it starts the help and
> > repair
> > asks for an admin password.
> > I have never have a password?
> > Help!
> > Thanks
> > Thanks

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Try repair install using the recovery console to reset the password:

Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey I did try the blank <enter> didn't work... I however did try safe mode
> but did NOT try last know good boot... lets see if that works
> Thanks for your help
> Op
>
> "M. Murcek" wrote:
>
>> Two things: If you didn't add an admin password, it's probably blank -
>> try
>> just hitting <enter> when asked. Also, did you try using F8 at boot time
>> and selecting Last Known Good to revert to the previous set of drivers?
>>
>> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hey All,
>> > This happened a few months ago and again just now....
>> > Every time I load nVidia drivers 64 bit of course... windows locks on
>> > the
>> > welcome screen and just stops during boot.
>> >
>> > I'm attempting to use the CD to try to back the computer a few day and
>> > all
>> > would be well, but the Windows Xp 64-bit when it starts the help and
>> > repair
>> > asks for an admin password.
>> > I have never have a password?
>> > Help!
>> > Thanks
>> > Thanks

Colin Barnhorst

Andre, how do you do a repair install from the recovery console? I always
thought you passed on the recovery console and then had the option to do a
repair install.

news:eMu%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try repair install using the recovery console to reset the password:

> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hey I did try the blank <enter> didn't work... I however did try safe
>> mode
>> but did NOT try last know good boot... lets see if that works
>> Thanks for your help
>> Op
>>
>> "M. Murcek" wrote:
>>
>>> Two things: If you didn't add an admin password, it's probably blank -
>>> try
>>> just hitting <enter> when asked. Also, did you try using F8 at boot
>>> time
>>> and selecting Last Known Good to revert to the previous set of drivers?
>>>
>>> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

You do. Pass the Recovery Console page for an install, then when it gives
you the list of windows OS on your system, it offers to repair, and you have
to do an escape to go to a new installation.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre, how do you do a repair install from the recovery console? I always
> thought you passed on the recovery console and then had the option to do a
> repair install.

> news:eMu%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Try repair install using the recovery console to reset the password:
>>
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hey I did try the blank <enter> didn't work... I however did try safe
>>> mode
>>> but did NOT try last know good boot... lets see if that works
>>> Thanks for your help

Colin Barnhorst

That's what I thought.

news:O9A$(E-Mail Removed)...