Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > network errors?

network errors?

=?Utf-8?B?aGpsb3c=?=

Hi,

When I sent attachments from my 64-bit box they somehow become corrupted,
because the recipients can not open or view the attachment eventhough it is
in the email.

I also noticed that when I ftp from my 64-bit box to another pc the files
are corrupted.

This issue seems to be only when sending files from, files
received/downloaded are fine.

Has anyone run into this issue or have any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks,

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

What type of files are you sending, format? Are you sure the recipient has
the appropriate format (application) to view what you send them?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"hjlow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> When I sent attachments from my 64-bit box they somehow become corrupted,
> because the recipients can not open or view the attachment eventhough it
> is
> in the email.
>
> I also noticed that when I ftp from my 64-bit box to another pc the files
> are corrupted.
>
> This issue seems to be only when sending files from, files
> received/downloaded are fine.
>
> Has anyone run into this issue or have any ideas on what is wrong?
>
> Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?aGpsb3c=?=

..doc .xls and .jpg

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> What type of files are you sending, format? Are you sure the recipient has
> the appropriate format (application) to view what you send them?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "hjlow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I sent attachments from my 64-bit box they somehow become corrupted,
> > because the recipients can not open or view the attachment eventhough it
> > is
> > in the email.
> >
> > I also noticed that when I ftp from my 64-bit box to another pc the files
> > are corrupted.
> >
> > This issue seems to be only when sending files from, files
> > received/downloaded are fine.
> >
> > Has anyone run into this issue or have any ideas on what is wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?aGpsb3c=?=

I should also add that I am sure they have the appropriate applications.

When I send the same files from a 32-bit box it works fine. Also, if I put
the files on cd or usb it works fine on any other computer. The problem seems
to be only related to network transfers (upload).

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> What type of files are you sending, format? Are you sure the recipient has
> the appropriate format (application) to view what you send them?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "hjlow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I sent attachments from my 64-bit box they somehow become corrupted,
> > because the recipients can not open or view the attachment eventhough it
> > is
> > in the email.
> >
> > I also noticed that when I ftp from my 64-bit box to another pc the files
> > are corrupted.
> >
> > This issue seems to be only when sending files from, files
> > received/downloaded are fine.
> >
> > Has anyone run into this issue or have any ideas on what is wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

What is your transfer speed? Try and set it to a consistent speed across the
network.