Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Trial to full?

Trial to full?

=?Utf-8?B?bW91Y2hh?=

Hi Everyone,

I've downloaded and installed the 120 days trial version of XP x64.
Everything works great! Now, I want to trade my XP for x64. My question:
is there a way to move from the installed trial to the full version without
loosing data and installed programs when I get my cds from microsoft?

Thanks
Rob

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

If you decide to exchange your Windows XP Professional x86 through the TAP
program, you will be able to use the TAP media to do an upgrade from the
Trial. If you purchase the OEM Full version of XP Pro x64, you have do a
repair install (no direct upgrade).
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"moucha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've downloaded and installed the 120 days trial version of XP x64.
> Everything works great! Now, I want to trade my XP for x64. My question:
> is there a way to move from the installed trial to the full version
> without
> loosing data and installed programs when I get my cds from microsoft?
>
> Thanks
> Rob

=?Utf-8?B?bW91Y2hh?=

Thanks, the answer I was looking for, I am going through TAP, just finished
the order.

Cheers
Rob

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> If you decide to exchange your Windows XP Professional x86 through the TAP
> program, you will be able to use the TAP media to do an upgrade from the
> Trial. If you purchase the OEM Full version of XP Pro x64, you have do a
> repair install (no direct upgrade).
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "moucha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I've downloaded and installed the 120 days trial version of XP x64.
> > Everything works great! Now, I want to trade my XP for x64. My question:
> > is there a way to move from the installed trial to the full version
> > without
> > loosing data and installed programs when I get my cds from microsoft?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Rob

Tony Sperling

Not that it really matters - the end result is the same. However, if you
launch the Setup from inside your running 'Trial' it will produce a dialog
menu with the 'Upgrade' as default option. (Even marked 'Recomended'). It
then re-boots the machine and goes thru' the motions. Nothing magical there.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you decide to exchange your Windows XP Professional x86 through the TAP
> program, you will be able to use the TAP media to do an upgrade from the
> Trial. If you purchase the OEM Full version of XP Pro x64, you have do a
> repair install (no direct upgrade).

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yeah, similar to XP x86 text based setup.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not that it really matters - the end result is the same. However, if you
> launch the Setup from inside your running 'Trial' it will produce a dialog
> menu with the 'Upgrade' as default option. (Even marked 'Recomended'). It
> then re-boots the machine and goes thru' the motions. Nothing magical
> there.
>
> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you decide to exchange your Windows XP Professional x86 through the
>> TAP program, you will be able to use the TAP media to do an upgrade from
>> the Trial. If you purchase the OEM Full version of XP Pro x64, you have
>> do a repair install (no direct upgrade).
>> --

How to upgrade trial version to non-trial version w/o formatting =?Utf-8?B?WFB4NjQ=?= Windows 64bit 2 02-22-2007 06:27 AM
Secure Agent trial? admin too Cisco 0 05-24-2004 05:09 PM
CSACS Trial jt Cisco 0 05-10-2004 05:28 AM
FREE TRIAL PROMOTIONAL SOFTWARE AUTO ENGINE POSTER Firefox 0 01-09-2004 03:04 PM
Creating trial version software Nima ASP .Net 1 10-23-2003 03:11 PM

Advertisments