Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Activation of the WinXP Pro x64

Activation of the WinXP Pro x64

=?Utf-8?B?S29ybsOpbCDDgXJraQ==?=

Activation of the WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to work.
I downloaded it directly from msdn.microsoft.com/subscription and download
the productkey, but didn't work it. When I activated by phone, the helpdesk
answer, that unknown product.

Ideas?
Thanks.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Kornél Árki wrote:
> Activation of the WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to work.
> I downloaded it directly from msdn.microsoft.com/subscription and
> download the productkey, but didn't work it. When I activated by
> phone, the helpdesk answer, that unknown product.
>
> Ideas?
> Thanks.

Post a question to the MSDN support team. Obviously something is amiss here,
since many of us have successfully activated the MSDN version of XP
Professional x64 Edition.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Did you try activating over the internet?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Kornél Árki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Activation of the WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to work.
> I downloaded it directly from msdn.microsoft.com/subscription and download
> the productkey, but didn't work it. When I activated by phone, the
> helpdesk
> answer, that unknown product.
>
> Ideas?
> Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?S29ybsOpbCDDgXJraQ==?=

Internet and phone

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Did you try activating over the internet?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Kornél Árki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Activation of the WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to work.
> > I downloaded it directly from msdn.microsoft.com/subscription and download
> > the productkey, but didn't work it. When I activated by phone, the
> > helpdesk
> > answer, that unknown product.
> >
> > Ideas?
> > Thanks.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I would suggest you call Microsoft Technical support about the issue
concerning activation.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Kornél Árki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Internet and phone
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Did you try activating over the internet?
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Kornél Árki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Activation of the WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to work.
>> > I downloaded it directly from msdn.microsoft.com/subscription and
>> > download
>> > the productkey, but didn't work it. When I activated by phone, the
>> > helpdesk
>> > answer, that unknown product.
>> >
>> > Ideas?
>> > Thanks.

Colin Barnhorst

I think he might need to chat with the MSDN folks instead.

news:uw$(E-Mail Removed)...