Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > any1 calibrated their monitors under x64?

Reply
Thread Tools

any1 calibrated their monitors under x64?

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?SGVucmlr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2005
Hi,

Have any of you been able to hardware calibrate your monitors yet?

I am using a Spyder, but it doesn't have any support yet. Wondering if
anyone has had any luck using anything else

Thanks

Henrik
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ted
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2005
It all depends on the video card.

> Have any of you been able to hardware calibrate your monitors yet?

Can you explain what you mean by hardware calibrate.
The only hardware calibration I know of, is open the monitor
and adjust the screen width and height if can't be adjusted
from within windows. Most new monitors don't have the adjustment
any more, it is all electronics, than using potentiometers.


"Henrik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Have any of you been able to hardware calibrate your monitors yet?
>
> I am using a Spyder, but it doesn't have any support yet. Wondering if
> anyone has had any luck using anything else
>
> Thanks
>
> Henrik



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rob Stow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2005
Ted wrote:
> It all depends on the video card.
>
>
>>Have any of you been able to hardware calibrate your monitors yet?

>
> Can you explain what you mean by hardware calibrate.
> The only hardware calibration I know of, is open the monitor
> and adjust the screen width and height if can't be adjusted
> from within windows. Most new monitors don't have the adjustment
> any more, it is all electronics, than using potentiometers.


He probably means colour calibration. It is very important for
people in some industries to know that the colours they see on
their screen accurately and precisely portray what their printers
will actually output.

>
>
> "Henrik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Have any of you been able to hardware calibrate your monitors yet?
>>
>>I am using a Spyder, but it doesn't have any support yet. Wondering if
>>anyone has had any luck using anything else
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Henrik

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?SGVucmlr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-28-2005
Hi Ted,

thanks for taking your time to reply, but the question is little beyond your
answer.
have a look at this http://www.computer-darkroom.com/home.htm

this guy has a few articules on the topic

To cut to the chase, I need my monitors calibrated, so when I edit my
digital images, I can see on the screen, what they will look like when I have
them printed, either on my own printers or sending them to a lab (using their
profile ICC)

thanks again Ted, I much appreciate you help

Regards

Henrik
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tony Sperling
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-28-2005
Honestly, this is probably over my head as well, but the newer nVidia
drivers do have a calibration wizard (very neat too). In order to use it
with consisten results, though, I suspect you want your own profiles as a
reference (*.icm; *.icc). How you can get those I do not know, but if you
have a monitor of some quality I would think the manufacturer will be able
to supply it. And if you are working on several displays wouldn't you want
profiles specifically tuned to each one???

Personally, I have no idea of what kind of profile to use, or how to use it
but that wizard did wonders for my
MAG 996PF2 a beautyful display out of the box became - well, wondrous. The
only reference I can rely on is if I take a picture of a known environment,
but I cannot know if the colors reflect the state of the camera, display or
printer. Or, indeed, my eyes?

So, if you have such profiles, that wizard may answer your needs. If not, I
have just wasted every body's time.

Regards, Tony. . .


"Ted" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It all depends on the video card.
>
>> Have any of you been able to hardware calibrate your monitors yet?

> Can you explain what you mean by hardware calibrate.
> The only hardware calibration I know of, is open the monitor
> and adjust the screen width and height if can't be adjusted
> from within windows. Most new monitors don't have the adjustment
> any more, it is all electronics, than using potentiometers.
>
>
> "Henrik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have any of you been able to hardware calibrate your monitors yet?
>>
>> I am using a Spyder, but it doesn't have any support yet. Wondering if
>> anyone has had any luck using anything else
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Henrik

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any1 using xbox360 and earthlink wireless router??? Dina Magazzu Computer Support 0 01-26-2007 05:26 AM
Am I Calibrated? Duncan Chesley Digital Photography 15 11-02-2005 01:16 AM
Does any1 use pcapy module on win32 platforms? billiejoex Python 2 08-26-2005 06:02 PM
Photoshop and Color Calibrated Card Uhler Digital Photography 13 08-16-2005 10:11 PM
are camera's LCD monitor calibrated? peter Digital Photography 9 08-28-2004 09:38 AM



Advertisments