Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 Editi

Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 Editi

VE2

Avast free edition works well on my Windows 7 x64

"Marshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> URGENT!!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL ANTI-VIRUS TO 64bit
> VERSION... NORTON or McAFEE BOTH DO NOT SUPPORT THIS VERSION???? HELP

> "Katie Skibinski" wrote:
>
>> New Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 Edition
>>
>> Columnist Charlie Russel answers questions about Windows XP Professional
>> x64
>> Edition that have appeared frequently in the new (and very active)
>> Microsoft
>> Windows 64-bit Newsgroup.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...el_x64faq.mspx
>>
>> Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

>> rights.
>>
>> --
>> Katie Skibinski
>> Site Manager, vendor [MS]

John Barnes

I agree. Works on XP, Vista and Windows 7 64-bit versions.

"VE2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Avast free edition works well on my Windows 7 x64
>

> "Marshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> URGENT!!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL ANTI-VIRUS TO 64bit
>> VERSION... NORTON or McAFEE BOTH DO NOT SUPPORT THIS VERSION???? HELP
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> "Katie Skibinski" wrote:
>>
>>> New Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 Edition
>>>
>>> Columnist Charlie Russel answers questions about Windows XP Professional
>>> x64
>>> Edition that have appeared frequently in the new (and very active)
>>> Microsoft
>>> Windows 64-bit Newsgroup.
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...el_x64faq.mspx
>>>
>>> Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

>>> rights.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Katie Skibinski
>>> Site Manager, vendor [MS]

me@tarquin.demon.co.uk

AVG works fine for me.

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:22:01 -0700, Marshall
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>URGENT!!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL ANTI-VIRUS TO 64bit
>VERSION... NORTON or McAFEE BOTH DO NOT SUPPORT THIS VERSION???? HELP
>
>(E-Mail Removed)
>
>"Katie Skibinski" wrote:
>
>> New Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 Edition
>>
>> Columnist Charlie Russel answers questions about Windows XP Professional x64
>> Edition that have appeared frequently in the new (and very active) Microsoft
>> Windows 64-bit Newsgroup.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...el_x64faq.mspx
>>
>> Ask questions or post comments about the article here.
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>>
>> --
>> Katie Skibinski
>> Site Manager, vendor [MS]

stephen seiber

if you have 2 hard drives with windows xp on both can you view the users on
both windows when you are running one copy. also can you edit them

John John - MVP

Sorry for posting with the wrong date, I was doing tests yesterday with
registry permissions on the TimeZoneInformation key and then forgot to
bring the machine back to the proper date.

John John - MVP wrote:
> stephen seiber wrote:
>> if you have 2 hard drives with windows xp on both can you view the
>> users on both windows when you are running one copy. also can you edit
>> them

> If you mean view and edit them via user tool like nusrmgr.cpl,
> lusrmgr.msc, the Net command or other such tools the answer is no. To
> remotely work with these types of tools the remote installation must be
> booted (for all intents and purposes the installation on the second disk
> is a like a remote installation). You can't add or delete users, change
> their passwords or group membership and other things like that.
>
> You can however find the users at the installation's
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList key and you can edit some of their user
> settings in their ntuser.dat profile hives.
>
> John

John John - MVP