Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Microsoft Activesync for PDAs compatible?

Microsoft Activesync for PDAs compatible?

=?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

Hello,

I have saved the best task for last in moving to x64, that is hooking up my
PocketPC. At first glance, Microsoft ActiveSync is NOT compatible with x64 in
it's present version (3.8 from what I see). Am I incorrect?

TIA.

M. Murcek

Check with Andre, but I think theres a 4.0 available. Not sure if it's a
beta or what. Do a search on Andre's posts, or wait for him to catch up
with us here...

"Logikos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have saved the best task for last in moving to x64, that is hooking up
> my
> PocketPC. At first glance, Microsoft ActiveSync is NOT compatible with x64
> in
> it's present version (3.8 from what I see). Am I incorrect?
>
> TIA.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Based on Carlos experience, Active Sync 4.0 does not seem to support network
or wifi syncing. You might need to purchase a BlueTooth USB adapter in order
to gain wireless connectivity.

Kevin Frei 9msft wrote:
3.8 works _almost_ completely. You can't explore the device with 3.8. 4.0
supports exploring the device, but IIRC, it's still in beta.

Kevin Frei [msft]
http://blogs.msdn.com/freik
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Logikos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have saved the best task for last in moving to x64, that is hooking up
> my
> PocketPC. At first glance, Microsoft ActiveSync is NOT compatible with x64
> in
> it's present version (3.8 from what I see). Am I incorrect?
>
> TIA.

wewa

Yes, I originaly could not get 3.8 to load also.

But i did get 4.0 as suggested here awhile back, and its working.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/w...s/default.aspx

"Logikos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have saved the best task for last in moving to x64, that is hooking up
> my
> PocketPC. At first glance, Microsoft ActiveSync is NOT compatible with x64
> in
> it's present version (3.8 from what I see). Am I incorrect?
>
> TIA.

Westy

I could not get 3.8 to load on W2K3 x64. The install would extract the files
and then setup.exe would not do anything else. I could see that setup had
started in Task Manager and it had spawned another process called
is_start.exe (from memory).

I installed the 4.0 beta and everything works that I need. I dont sync via
WiFi or Bluethooh (just a USB cable) to my SmartPhone.

It happily syncs to both Outlook 2003 on my desktop and Exchange 2003 via
server sync. I can browse the device via Windows Explorer (x86 version) and
Media Player 10 can see the device and I can copy music to it.

I'm happy with the level of support in ActiveSync 4.0 for me.

Download from: