Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for it built into xp 64 bit ?

ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for it built into xp 64 bit ?

Swan

ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for
it built into xp 64 bit ?

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Tocapet

My Asus K8V SE Deluxe does.
The only thing that doesn't work is my Visioneer scanner.

"Swan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for
> it built into xp 64 bit ?

> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

ChrisC

Hi, you will require the hyerion 4 in 1 from here
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...D=2&CatID=1080 and if you
are using Sata.....
ChrisC

"Tocapet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u7U%(E-Mail Removed)...
> My Asus K8V SE Deluxe does.
> The only thing that doesn't work is my Visioneer scanner.
>
> "Swan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for
>> it built into xp 64 bit ?

>> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
>> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
>> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

M. Murcek

Yeah, they've got the VIA based boards covered pretty well. Not a damn
thing for my K8N-DL, however. Fortunately, I've been able to get what I
need on my own, and it's a great x64 Edition platform, despite its apparent
neglected stepchild status at ASUS. Scanner drivers are more scarce than
hens' teeth just now...

"Swan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for
> it built into xp 64 bit ?

> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Charlie Russel - MVP

No, they're not all built in. You'll need drivers for the VIA RAID controller
if you use SATA drives, for example. But so far as I'm aware, all the drivers
for it are readily available, with the exception of the Promise RAID
controller -- last I checked it worked in RAID mode, but not in straight
SATA/IDE mode. Several of us here are running the A8V and I, for one, have
found it to be a solid and stable board that is working well in x64.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Swan wrote:
> ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for
> it built into xp 64 bit ?

> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Dennis Pack

I gave up on Asus for updated drivers when I started downloading the drivers
from NVidia.

"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeah, they've got the VIA based boards covered pretty well. Not a damn
> thing for my K8N-DL, however. Fortunately, I've been able to get what I
> need on my own, and it's a great x64 Edition platform, despite its
> apparent neglected stepchild status at ASUS. Scanner drivers are more
> scarce than hens' teeth just now...
>
> "Swan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for
>> it built into xp 64 bit ?

>> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
>> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
>> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

=?Utf-8?B?c3dlZXRpZQ==?=

Charlie, did you download Asus 64 bit drivers (Promise and VIA) - betas.
I'm afraid they may not work properly

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> No, they're not all built in. You'll need drivers for the VIA RAID controller
> if you use SATA drives, for example. But so far as I'm aware, all the drivers
> for it are readily available, with the exception of the Promise RAID
> controller -- last I checked it worked in RAID mode, but not in straight
> SATA/IDE mode. Several of us here are running the A8V and I, for one, have
> found it to be a solid and stable board that is working well in x64.
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Swan wrote:
> > ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for
> > it built into xp 64 bit ?

> > Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
> > * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> > * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Charlie Russel - MVP

You are correct. The beta drivers don't work right. But I certainly am not
having problems -- I've spent the last 4 months helping others get working.
But thanks for your thoughts.

--

sweetie wrote:
> Charlie, did you download Asus 64 bit drivers (Promise and VIA) -
> betas. I'm afraid they may not work properly
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> No, they're not all built in. You'll need drivers for the VIA RAID
>> controller if you use SATA drives, for example. But so far as I'm
>> aware, all the drivers for it are readily available, with the
>> exception of the Promise RAID controller -- last I checked it worked
>> in RAID mode, but not in straight SATA/IDE mode. Several of us here
>> are running the A8V and I, for one, have found it to be a solid and
>> stable board that is working well in x64.
>>
>> --
>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>> ======================
>> Charlie.
>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>>

>> Swan wrote:
>>> ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for
>>> it built into xp 64 bit ?

>>> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
>>> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
>>> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Ron Hinds

I have a SK8N and am contemplating upgrading to x64. Where did you get what
you needed "on your own"? I didn't see anything on the ASUS website...

"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeah, they've got the VIA based boards covered pretty well. Not a damn
> thing for my K8N-DL, however. Fortunately, I've been able to get what I
> need on my own, and it's a great x64 Edition platform, despite its

apparent
> neglected stepchild status at ASUS. Scanner drivers are more scarce than
> hens' teeth just now...
>
> "Swan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers for
> > it built into xp 64 bit ?

> > Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
> > * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> > * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet