Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > USB 2.0 - no drivers

USB 2.0 - no drivers

=?Utf-8?B?TWF4c2ltb24=?=

What to do when I have no USB 2.0 drivers?
In Device Manager there is no line for Enhanced Host Controller.
When I connect a hi-speed cardreader it complains that it will do a better
job if I connect it to a USB 2.0 port. I have tried in all 6 USB ports.
Thought x64 contained USB 2.0 drivers. I have the 120 trial version (waiting
for my TAP). My mobo CD contains no x64 USB 2.0 drivers.
Have mailed the mobo company and been told x64 contains the USB 2.0 drivers.

Asus P5WD2 Premium
955X Express chipset
P4 3.73GHz EE EMT 64
WD740GD-00FLA0
WD740GD-00FLA2
DDR2 PC8000 2GB
GeForce 7800GTX

John Barnes

Have you checked your BIOS. Maybe USB 2.0 support got turned off some way.

"Maxsimon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What to do when I have no USB 2.0 drivers?
> In Device Manager there is no line for Enhanced Host Controller.
> When I connect a hi-speed cardreader it complains that it will do a better
> job if I connect it to a USB 2.0 port. I have tried in all 6 USB ports.
> Thought x64 contained USB 2.0 drivers. I have the 120 trial version
> (waiting
> for my TAP). My mobo CD contains no x64 USB 2.0 drivers.
> Have mailed the mobo company and been told x64 contains the USB 2.0
> drivers.
>
> Asus P5WD2 Premium
> 955X Express chipset
> P4 3.73GHz EE EMT 64
> WD740GD-00FLA0
> WD740GD-00FLA2
> DDR2 PC8000 2GB
> GeForce 7800GTX

=?Utf-8?B?TWF4c2ltb24=?=

Thanks John!

It was as simple as that. USB 2.0 was in [Disabled] mode. DonÂīt understand
why, but it may have to do with my BIOS flushing a couple of times last week.
Now I know what to check after next flushing.

/Max

Stockholm - Sweden

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Have you checked your BIOS. Maybe USB 2.0 support got turned off some way.

M. Murcek

BIOS flushing - that's a new one on me. I must not get out enough...

"Maxsimon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What to do when I have no USB 2.0 drivers?
> In Device Manager there is no line for Enhanced Host Controller.
> When I connect a hi-speed cardreader it complains that it will do a better
> job if I connect it to a USB 2.0 port. I have tried in all 6 USB ports.
> Thought x64 contained USB 2.0 drivers. I have the 120 trial version
> (waiting
> for my TAP). My mobo CD contains no x64 USB 2.0 drivers.
> Have mailed the mobo company and been told x64 contains the USB 2.0
> drivers.
>
> Asus P5WD2 Premium
> 955X Express chipset
> P4 3.73GHz EE EMT 64
> WD740GD-00FLA0
> WD740GD-00FLA2
> DDR2 PC8000 2GB
> GeForce 7800GTX

=?Utf-8?B?TWF4c2ltb24=?=

You should try. It will do very good for computer...

I guess you understood I ment Flash?

"M. Murcek" wrote:

> BIOS flushing - that's a new one on me. I must not get out enough...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

From Charlie Russel:
On ASUS motherboards, you may need to go into the BIOS and change the speed
on your USB2 ports. The default is for "Full Speed" which is 1.1 speed. You
need to set them to "Hi Speed" which is 2.0 speed. And every time you update
your BIOS, it gets reset. If it says standard enhanced usb, thats what it
should really say.

--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Maxsimon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What to do when I have no USB 2.0 drivers?
> In Device Manager there is no line for Enhanced Host Controller.
> When I connect a hi-speed cardreader it complains that it will do a better
> job if I connect it to a USB 2.0 port. I have tried in all 6 USB ports.
> Thought x64 contained USB 2.0 drivers. I have the 120 trial version
> (waiting
> for my TAP). My mobo CD contains no x64 USB 2.0 drivers.
> Have mailed the mobo company and been told x64 contains the USB 2.0
> drivers.
>
> Asus P5WD2 Premium
> 955X Express chipset
> P4 3.73GHz EE EMT 64
> WD740GD-00FLA0
> WD740GD-00FLA2
> DDR2 PC8000 2GB
> GeForce 7800GTX

M. Murcek

Now I get it...

"Maxsimon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You should try. It will do very good for computer...
>
> I guess you understood I ment Flash?
>
> "M. Murcek" wrote:
>
>> BIOS flushing - that's a new one on me. I must not get out enough...

Charlie Russel - MVP

This is a know issue with ASUS BIOS flashes -- they reset the USB controllers
to USB 1.1 mode. You need to go in and fix that every time you flash the
BIOS, I'm afraid.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Maxsimon wrote:
> Thanks John!
>
> It was as simple as that. USB 2.0 was in [Disabled] mode. Donīt
> understand why, but it may have to do with my BIOS flushing a couple
> of times last week. Now I know what to check after next flushing.
>
> /Max
>
> Stockholm - Sweden
>

> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Have you checked your BIOS. Maybe USB 2.0 support got turned off
>> some way.

John Barnes

Guess it depends on your ASUS board. Mine (ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe) has ' USB
2.0 Controller' default is enabled.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From Charlie Russel:
> On ASUS motherboards, you may need to go into the BIOS and change the
> speed on your USB2 ports. The default is for "Full Speed" which is 1.1
> speed. You need to set them to "Hi Speed" which is 2.0 speed. And every
> time you update your BIOS, it gets reset. If it says standard enhanced
> usb, thats what it should really say.
>
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Maxsimon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What to do when I have no USB 2.0 drivers?
>> In Device Manager there is no line for Enhanced Host Controller.
>> When I connect a hi-speed cardreader it complains that it will do a
>> better
>> job if I connect it to a USB 2.0 port. I have tried in all 6 USB ports.
>> Thought x64 contained USB 2.0 drivers. I have the 120 trial version
>> (waiting
>> for my TAP). My mobo CD contains no x64 USB 2.0 drivers.
>> Have mailed the mobo company and been told x64 contains the USB 2.0
>> drivers.
>>
>> Asus P5WD2 Premium
>> 955X Express chipset
>> P4 3.73GHz EE EMT 64
>> WD740GD-00FLA0
>> WD740GD-00FLA2
>> DDR2 PC8000 2GB
>> GeForce 7800GTX

Sean M

I've had to flash my P5GD1-VM twice in the past 4 months, and both times
the USB controller settings were flipped back to Disabled. Good thing I
always go into the BIOS setup the first time it reboots after a flash.

-- Sean M, who is too tired to think of something witty to append to his
signature line

news:(E-Mail Removed)...