Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Mouse Stops Responding

Mouse Stops Responding

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEg=?=

I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer2.0 USB in x64 and
frequently the mouse just stops responding. The keyboard and OS are still
fine. If I plug in a wired Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB it will work
fine for awhile and then it will stop responding. I've searched the web and
here for anyone else having the same issue and have found none. I also
haven't found any x64 driver updates for Microsoft mice. Both devices work
fine in Win x32 so it isn't hardware failure.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Rob H
--
IWill DN800-SLI
Dual Xeon 3.4 Mhz

NNBXX

Which antivirus are you using ? Don't ask me why I ask you this, please just
answer my question.

"Rob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer2.0 USB in x64 and
> frequently the mouse just stops responding. The keyboard and OS are still
> fine. If I plug in a wired Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB it will work
> fine for awhile and then it will stop responding. I've searched the web
> and
> here for anyone else having the same issue and have found none. I also
> haven't found any x64 driver updates for Microsoft mice. Both devices work
> fine in Win x32 so it isn't hardware failure.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rob H
> --
> IWill DN800-SLI
> Dual Xeon 3.4 Mhz
> Chipset: Intel E 7525
> 4 x 1024 Patriot DDR2 PC4300
> NVidia Quadro FX 3400
> Raid: Maxtor 6B300S0
> HD: WDC WD360GD-00FLA2
> HD: Seagate ST3120026AS

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Wayne Westier posted:
Thank you for using Microsoft Online Support My name is Rajkumar and I will
be helping you today with the issue on Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0.

As I understand it, you would like to install a compatible version of
IntelliPoint Software on a Windows XP 64-bit operating system, so that the
additional features of the mouse can be accessed.

I really can understand and appreciate your interest towards the Microsoft
Hardware products. But please note that, there is no latest release of
IntelliPoint software that is compatible with 64-bit operating system.

The latest version of the IntelliPoint Software that was released is 5.2 and
it is compatible only with 32-bit version of the Windows operating system.
So at this stage, we may need to wait for the new release of the
IntelliPoint Software, which might fix this compatibility issue.

But we can't assure you with the exact date and time of the release, as we
don't have any official information on the same. Since the product team is
the one who decides on the next release of software's, we don't have any
official information on the same. I hope you can understand it.

You can keep track of the Microsoft new release of hardware's and software
by referring to the following link.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/default.mspx

Since all product design modifications are often based on feedback from our
customers, I have forwarded your feedback to our Product Team. At the same
time, we encourage you to post your feedback at the following link.

You may submit feedback to us via the web, email, fax or even write to us.
For more information about the Microsoft Wish Program, please refer to the
following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

114491: How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=114491

Microsoft's Feedback and Product Enhancement team welcomes suggestions and
comments from users with special emphasis to newly released products for use
in future products and possible modifications to existing ones. Microsoft is
a customer driven company and we are greatly reliant on customers' fee
dback to propel our products and services. We are thoroughly aware that
people who actually use our products on a regular basis are better judges of
how our products and related services can be improved. Bear in mind that
such suggestions and comments previously lodged by customers were
significant
ly responsible for the release of updates, patches and new products.

Though the basic functionality will work without the software, the extra
features for the mouse will work only if the appropriate software is
installed in the system. So at this stage, you can either use the basic
functions or can opt for an refund for the device.

I don't want to disappoint you by providing the refund option, but to let
you know that the money spent on the product is never a waste. To return the
product for a refund directly to Microsoft, contact Microsoft North American
Retail Product Returns at (88 673-8624, or visit the following Micros
oft Web site to view information about the Money Back Guarantee policy:

http://www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm

Let me know if this information helps. If you have any concerns or queries,
please feel free to write back.

I will be waiting for your response.

Best Regards,
Rajkumar

Wayne
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Rob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer2.0 USB in x64 and
> frequently the mouse just stops responding. The keyboard and OS are still
> fine. If I plug in a wired Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB it will work
> fine for awhile and then it will stop responding. I've searched the web
> and
> here for anyone else having the same issue and have found none. I also
> haven't found any x64 driver updates for Microsoft mice. Both devices work
> fine in Win x32 so it isn't hardware failure.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rob H
> --
> IWill DN800-SLI
> Dual Xeon 3.4 Mhz
> Chipset: Intel E 7525
> 4 x 1024 Patriot DDR2 PC4300
> NVidia Quadro FX 3400
> Raid: Maxtor 6B300S0
> HD: WDC WD360GD-00FLA2
> HD: Seagate ST3120026AS

Tocapet

I'm using a Logitech wireless mouse on mine and it works just fine. I also
have a Logitech USB wired mouse that also works fine. Even have both
connected at the same time and can move the pointer with either one. I
didn't have to install any extra software. They just worked as soon as I
plugged them in.

Still running evaluation copy build 3790. My license swap version is
supposed to get here tomorrow according to UPS.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEg=?=

NNBXX,

I'm using Avast4 for Antivirus.

--
IWill DN800-SLI
Dual Xeon 3.4 Mhz

"NNBXX" wrote:

> Which antivirus are you using ? Don't ask me why I ask you this, please just
> answer my question.
>
> "Rob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer2.0 USB in x64 and
> > frequently the mouse just stops responding. The keyboard and OS are still
> > fine. If I plug in a wired Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB it will work
> > fine for awhile and then it will stop responding. I've searched the web
> > and
> > here for anyone else having the same issue and have found none. I also
> > haven't found any x64 driver updates for Microsoft mice. Both devices work
> > fine in Win x32 so it isn't hardware failure.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Rob H
> > --
> > IWill DN800-SLI
> > Dual Xeon 3.4 Mhz
> > Chipset: Intel E 7525
> > 4 x 1024 Patriot DDR2 PC4300
> > NVidia Quadro FX 3400
> > Raid: Maxtor 6B300S0
> > HD: WDC WD360GD-00FLA2
> > HD: Seagate ST3120026AS

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEg=?=

Wayne,

OK, I'll keep an eye out, thanks...

--
IWill DN800-SLI
Dual Xeon 3.4 Mhz

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> [...]
>
> I will be waiting for your response.
>
> Best Regards,
> Rajkumar
>
> Wayne
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Rob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer2.0 USB in x64 and
> > frequently the mouse just stops responding. The keyboard and OS are still
> > fine. If I plug in a wired Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB it will work
> > fine for awhile and then it will stop responding. I've searched the web
> > and
> > here for anyone else having the same issue and have found none. I also
> > haven't found any x64 driver updates for Microsoft mice. Both devices work
> > fine in Win x32 so it isn't hardware failure.

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEg=?=

Tocapet,

Hopefully is isn't a brand thing. I'll figure it out.

How much was your swap if you don't mind telling? I sort of decided not to
swap as I want to keep an x32 version around in case of trouble.

--
IWill DN800-SLI
Dual Xeon 3.4 Mhz

"Tocapet" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > I will be waiting for your response.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Rajkumar
> >
> > Wayne
> > --
> > Andre
> >
> > "Rob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer2.0 USB in x64 and
> >> frequently the mouse just stops responding. The keyboard and OS are still
> >> fine. If I plug in a wired Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB it will work
> >> fine for awhile and then it will stop responding. I've searched the web
> >> and
> >> here for anyone else having the same issue and have found none. I also
> >> haven't found any x64 driver updates for Microsoft mice. Both devices
> >> work
> >> fine in Win x32 so it isn't hardware failure.

John Barnes

Wise decision.

> [...]
>> > American
>> > Retail Product Returns at (88 673-8624, or visit the following Micros
>> > oft Web site to view information about the Money Back Guarantee policy:
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm
>> >
>> > Let me know if this information helps. If you have any concerns or
>> > queries,
>> > please feel free to write back.
>> >
>> > I will be waiting for your response.
>> >
>> > Best Regards,
>> > Rajkumar
>> >
>> > Wayne
>> > --
>> > Andre
>> > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> > Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>> > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>> > FAQ for MS AntiSpy
>> > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> >
>> > "Rob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

NNBXX

OK, I had a bunch of problems with Avast on my x64 machine (Dual Xeon 3.2
GHz Nocona). Uninstall Avast, and let us know.

"Rob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> NNBXX,
>
> I'm using Avast4 for Antivirus.
>

> --
> IWill DN800-SLI
> Dual Xeon 3.4 Mhz
> Chipset: Intel E 7525
> 4 x 1024 Patriot DDR2 PC4300
> NVidia Quadro FX 3400
> Raid: Maxtor 6B300S0
> HD: WDC WD360GD-00FLA2
> HD: Seagate ST3120026AS
>

> "NNBXX" wrote:
>
>> Which antivirus are you using ? Don't ask me why I ask you this, please
>> just
>> answer my question.
>>
>> "Rob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer2.0 USB in x64 and
>> > frequently the mouse just stops responding. The keyboard and OS are
>> > still
>> > fine. If I plug in a wired Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB it will
>> > work
>> > fine for awhile and then it will stop responding. I've searched the web
>> > and
>> > here for anyone else having the same issue and have found none. I also
>> > haven't found any x64 driver updates for Microsoft mice. Both devices
>> > work
>> > fine in Win x32 so it isn't hardware failure.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Rob H
>> > --
>> > IWill DN800-SLI
>> > Dual Xeon 3.4 Mhz
>> > Chipset: Intel E 7525
>> > 4 x 1024 Patriot DDR2 PC4300
>> > NVidia Quadro FX 3400
>> > Raid: Maxtor 6B300S0
>> > HD: WDC WD360GD-00FLA2
>> > HD: Seagate ST3120026AS

M. Murcek

Interesting. My Intellimouse doesn't exactly stop responding, but it does
become very sluggish. I'm using eTrust 64, but I never had a mouse related
problem when I was using Avast! Just the sometimes lock at shutdown thing.