Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > New ISP

New ISP

dragonbeat

yes i do use aol at the moment ,but for the coming installation o
windows x64 i'll be looking for a new isp.the reason im asking is t
find out which one will work with x64 ( drivers etc ).so im hoping t
receive my copy of x64 before august 6 ( the date i can migrate t
another isp )and be to set myself up ready with another isp

--
dragonbea

Asus A8V Deluxe /Amd 3200 (939 ) / 2 gig Crucial Memory 3200 / 40 - 12
gig Hd's /Nec dvdrw-Sony cdrw /Ag neovo 17"monito
dragonbeat's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=90
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

AOL seems to be the only one having TCP/IP network issues with x64.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"dragonbeat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> yes i do use aol at the moment ,but for the coming installation of
> windows x64 i'll be looking for a new isp.the reason im asking is to
> find out which one will work with x64 ( drivers etc ).so im hoping to
> receive my copy of x64 before august 6 ( the date i can migrate to
> another isp )and be to set myself up ready with another isp.
>

> --
> dragonbeat
>
> Asus A8V Deluxe /Amd 3200 (939 ) / 2 gig Crucial Memory 3200 / 40 - 120
> gig Hd's /Nec dvdrw-Sony cdrw /Ag neovo 17"monitor
> dragonbeat's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=903
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5512

John Barnes

Most ISP's don't have programs with drivers. Most allow you to just sign up
and run the New Connection Wizard to enter your information.

You might start here http://www.freedomlist.com/

"dragonbeat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> yes i do use aol at the moment ,but for the coming installation of
> windows x64 i'll be looking for a new isp.the reason im asking is to
> find out which one will work with x64 ( drivers etc ).so im hoping to
> receive my copy of x64 before august 6 ( the date i can migrate to
> another isp )and be to set myself up ready with another isp.
>

> --
> dragonbeat
>
> Asus A8V Deluxe /Amd 3200 (939 ) / 2 gig Crucial Memory 3200 / 40 - 120
> gig Hd's /Nec dvdrw-Sony cdrw /Ag neovo 17"monitor
> dragonbeat's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=903
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5512

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I think he must refering to like those online services that use to come
bundled with Windows 98 in the Online Services folder.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Most ISP's don't have programs with drivers. Most allow you to just sign
> up and run the New Connection Wizard to enter your information.
>
> You might start here http://www.freedomlist.com/
>
> "dragonbeat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> yes i do use aol at the moment ,but for the coming installation of
>> windows x64 i'll be looking for a new isp.the reason im asking is to
>> find out which one will work with x64 ( drivers etc ).so im hoping to
>> receive my copy of x64 before august 6 ( the date i can migrate to
>> another isp )and be to set myself up ready with another isp.
>>

>> --
>> dragonbeat
>>
>> Asus A8V Deluxe /Amd 3200 (939 ) / 2 gig Crucial Memory 3200 / 40 - 120
>> gig Hd's /Nec dvdrw-Sony cdrw /Ag neovo 17"monitor
>> dragonbeat's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=903
>> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5512

John Barnes

Why do you think that? There are thousands of good ISP's around the various
countries that have all kinds of plans.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think he must refering to like those online services that use to come
>bundled with Windows 98 in the Online Services folder.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Most ISP's don't have programs with drivers. Most allow you to just sign
>> up and run the New Connection Wizard to enter your information.
>>
>> You might start here http://www.freedomlist.com/
>>
>> "dragonbeat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> yes i do use aol at the moment ,but for the coming installation of
>>> windows x64 i'll be looking for a new isp.the reason im asking is to
>>> find out which one will work with x64 ( drivers etc ).so im hoping to
>>> receive my copy of x64 before august 6 ( the date i can migrate to
>>> another isp )and be to set myself up ready with another isp.
>>>

>>> --
>>> dragonbeat
>>>
>>> Asus A8V Deluxe /Amd 3200 (939 ) / 2 gig Crucial Memory 3200 / 40 - 120
>>> gig Hd's /Nec dvdrw-Sony cdrw /Ag neovo 17"monitor
>>> dragonbeat's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=903
>>> View this thread:
>>> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5512

E.B. Farnum

Net Zero, Verizon, Bellsouth, AT&T, MSN, People PC just to name a few.
Whether or not they work on X64 is anybody's guess.

I use Bellsouth DSL and it works fine.
Are you planning on a DSL type of service?
If so, plan on using a modem that uses an Ethernet connection...NOT USB.

If you really wanted to, you could also use AOL Explorer which works fine on
the X64 platform.

E.B. Farnum Mayor
Deadwood
Dakota Territory

Git er Done

Post On Mi Amigo

news:%23MR%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why do you think that? There are thousands of good ISP's around the
> various countries that have all kinds of plans.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I think he must refering to like those online services that use to come
>>bundled with Windows 98 in the Online Services folder.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Most ISP's don't have programs with drivers. Most allow you to just
>>> sign up and run the New Connection Wizard to enter your information.
>>>
>>> You might start here http://www.freedomlist.com/
>>>
>>> "dragonbeat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Nostalgia I guess.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:%23MR%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why do you think that? There are thousands of good ISP's around the
> various countries that have all kinds of plans.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I think he must refering to like those online services that use to come
>>bundled with Windows 98 in the Online Services folder.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Most ISP's don't have programs with drivers. Most allow you to just
>>> sign up and run the New Connection Wizard to enter your information.
>>>
>>> You might start here http://www.freedomlist.com/
>>>
>>> "dragonbeat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

Most of those are gone; reorganised, bought out or planted.

news:%23LG$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nostalgia I guess.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:%23MR%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why do you think that? There are thousands of good ISP's around the
>> various countries that have all kinds of plans.

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I think he must refering to like those online services that use to come
>>>bundled with Windows 98 in the Online Services folder.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Earthlink is still around, btw, I just remembered them, Earthlink, AOL,
Compuserv, AT&T and MSN
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Most of those are gone; reorganised, bought out or planted.

> news:%23LG$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Nostalgia I guess.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23MR%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Why do you think that? There are thousands of good ISP's around the
>>> various countries that have all kinds of plans.
>>>

>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

J. Bush

Well, here in Florida, I see local advertisements every day of the week for
People PC, Netzero, Verizon and many others.

They must be doing business in other places as well.

J.Bush Governor
Hallatassee, Florida

Its Good To Have a Brother In High Places!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...