Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > CDROM/DVD emulation

CDROM/DVD emulation

Wessel Troost

Hi,

Since I'm using Nero I can burn CD's and DVD's under Windows XP x64.

But I used to mount other CD's virtually, using Daemon-Tools, Alcohol 52%,
or Microsoft Virtual CD-ROM. Using those tools you can make an .ISO image
appear like a real CDROM drive.

However, none of them work under Windows XP x64.

Does anyone know of a way to read .ISO images?
Or to mount them under 64bit Windows?

Greetings,
Wessel

John Barnes

You can use WinImage to make an iso file you can access in a current drive.
It doesn't add virtual drives so you have to use one presently on your
machine.

http://www.winimage.com/winimage.htm

"Wessel Troost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.sudkq6e1f3yrl7@asbel...
> Hi,
>
> Since I'm using Nero I can burn CD's and DVD's under Windows XP x64.
>
> But I used to mount other CD's virtually, using Daemon-Tools, Alcohol 52%,
> or Microsoft Virtual CD-ROM. Using those tools you can make an .ISO image
> appear like a real CDROM drive.
>
> However, none of them work under Windows XP x64.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to read .ISO images?
> Or to mount them under 64bit Windows?
>
> Greetings,
> Wessel

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Here is a link also from TomCat Ri of PlanetAMD64 about creating a
image/virtual cd/dvd drive on x64:
http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=7741
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Wessel Troost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.sudkq6e1f3yrl7@asbel...
> Hi,
>
> Since I'm using Nero I can burn CD's and DVD's under Windows XP x64.
>
> But I used to mount other CD's virtually, using Daemon-Tools, Alcohol 52%,
> or Microsoft Virtual CD-ROM. Using those tools you can make an .ISO image
> appear like a real CDROM drive.
>
> However, none of them work under Windows XP x64.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to read .ISO images?
> Or to mount them under 64bit Windows?
>
> Greetings,
> Wessel

Colin Barnhorst

To follow up on Andre's excellent link, I highly recommend the PlanetAMD64
forums for its many threads concerning burning cd's and dvd's on x64. There
is a lot of that kind of info over there.

news:ON$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here is a link also from TomCat Ri of PlanetAMD64 about creating a
> image/virtual cd/dvd drive on x64:
> http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=7741
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Wessel Troost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsp.sudkq6e1f3yrl7@asbel...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since I'm using Nero I can burn CD's and DVD's under Windows XP x64.
>>
>> But I used to mount other CD's virtually, using Daemon-Tools, Alcohol
>> 52%, or Microsoft Virtual CD-ROM. Using those tools you can make an .ISO
>> image appear like a real CDROM drive.
>>
>> However, none of them work under Windows XP x64.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a way to read .ISO images?
>> Or to mount them under 64bit Windows?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Wessel

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yes, Planetamd64.com is really nice, unique looking but definitely helpful.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> To follow up on Andre's excellent link, I highly recommend the PlanetAMD64
> forums for its many threads concerning burning cd's and dvd's on x64.
> There is a lot of that kind of info over there.

> news:ON$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Here is a link also from TomCat Ri of PlanetAMD64 about creating a
>> image/virtual cd/dvd drive on x64:
>> http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=7741
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Wessel Troost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsp.sudkq6e1f3yrl7@asbel...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Since I'm using Nero I can burn CD's and DVD's under Windows XP x64.
>>>
>>> But I used to mount other CD's virtually, using Daemon-Tools, Alcohol
>>> 52%, or Microsoft Virtual CD-ROM. Using those tools you can make an
>>> .ISO image appear like a real CDROM drive.
>>>
>>> However, none of them work under Windows XP x64.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of a way to read .ISO images?
>>> Or to mount them under 64bit Windows?
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Wessel

Wessel Troost

> http://www.winimage.com/winimage.htm

Thanks, that works. I could extract files from the ISO archive and store
them locally.

Greetings,
Wessel

John Barnes

You are welcome, and it was Andre and/or Charlie who originally pointed it
out to me. Didn't have time to look up, but it is so old now it is off my
newsreader anyway. Didn't meet my needs, but happy it meets yours.

"Wessel Troost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.suexjcgsf3yrl7@asbel...
>> http://www.winimage.com/winimage.htm
>>

> Thanks, that works. I could extract files from the ISO archive and store
> them locally.
>
> Greetings,
> Wessel

roman modic

Hello,

"Wessel Troost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.sudkq6e1f3yrl7@asbel...

> Does anyone know of a way to read .ISO images?
> Or to mount them under 64bit Windows?

http://www.fantomdvd.com/DL/ENU/FantomDVD.htm

Regards, Roman

1751-V **Software emulation error* pabloquintana Cisco 7 03-20-2006 04:04 AM
Is Frameset Emulation possible with ASP.Net 2005? Jim ASP .Net 3 01-12-2006 03:32 PM
Cisco Lab WAN Emulation (Without Live Circuits) BradReeseCom Cisco 0 03-30-2005 07:48 PM
Emulation Software ayfloo Cisco 1 10-16-2004 03:50 AM
complete emulation of PC Jeff Robertson Java 12 09-04-2003 03:57 PM

Advertisments