Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows xp64 pofessional edition

Windows xp64 pofessional edition

=?Utf-8?B?WjIx?=

I've got an Amd 64, mother boards nvida nforce 3 ultra chipset based socket
939.
when i installed Windows xp64 pofessional edition it would not like me
access internet. I think its somthing to do usb drivers, won't let me install
any drivers. You get yellow ? marks usb device

John Barnes

If you are trying to use a USB modem, I don't know of any with 64-bit
drivers. You don't give any information about how you are trying to
connect, so no one can help except guess. What are the details.

"Z21" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got an Amd 64, mother boards nvida nforce 3 ultra chipset based
> socket
> 939.
> when i installed Windows xp64 pofessional edition it would not like me
> access internet. I think its somthing to do usb drivers, won't let me
> install
> any drivers. You get yellow ? marks usb device

E.B. Farnum

Can you connect your modem by ethernet?
Many have the option to use either USB or Ethernet and if you have the
onboard NIC working, connect the modem by Ethernet.

E.B. Farnum Mayor
Deadwood
Dakota Territory

Plug er Up
Git er Done

"Z21" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got an Amd 64, mother boards nvida nforce 3 ultra chipset based
> socket
> 939.
> when i installed Windows xp64 pofessional edition it would not like me
> access internet. I think its somthing to do usb drivers, won't let me
> install
> any drivers. You get yellow ? marks usb device

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"Z21" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got an Amd 64, mother boards nvida nforce 3 ultra chipset based
> socket
> 939.
> when i installed Windows xp64 pofessional edition it would not like me
> access internet. I think its somthing to do usb drivers, won't let me
> install
> any drivers. You get yellow ? marks usb device

As has been covered at length before - every driver needs to be as new x64
(64-bit driver).
Ensure you oh have al the relevant drivers for all your hardware and update
where necessary.
Any item with a yellow mark is not functioning correctly - rectify this
first.

--

Regards,

Mike