Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus

=?Utf-8?B?R2FicmllbA==?=

what antivirus could I use in Win x64?
*one with real time protection...

Wayne Wastier

"Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what antivirus could I use in Win x64?
> *one with real time protection...

John Barnes

Avast works for most(and is free for home use), a shutdown problem for some.
McAfee and Norton have corporate versions that are x64 compatible. The most
reasonable eTrust AntiVirus Version 7.1 which can be purchased in OEM
version

"Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what antivirus could I use in Win x64?
> *one with real time protection...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

eTrust 7.1 90-day trial:
you can download a 90 day trial
http://www.digitalriver.com/v2.0-img...promotion.html

By the way, why do you need it to run specifically as a native 64-bit app if
its doing its job?

Also:
There are several, I belive ClamWin, Avast, Symantec and McAfee have all
released 64 bit versions along with some others. Computer Associates also
has a native x64 version of eTrust. There will be more along soon from
Company's such as Trend Micro and PC Cillin.

Here are some recommendations:
Symantec
http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.c...?ProductID=155

Note: The x64 client that ships with AV Corp10 and it will not update it's
signatures from the parent server, it has to use Live Update which I won't
work through proxyservers.
Avast

The free one from Avast:

Update: ESET the company made famous for it's multi-award winning Anti-Virus
software NOD32 has advised WinBeta.Org that the beta of it's 64Bit
Anti-Virus product is now available for download.

NOD32 has risen to prominence over the last 7 years given that according to
Virus Bulletin it has not missed a single in-the-wild virus since its
release.
http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?id=3054&catid=1
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what antivirus could I use in Win x64?
> *one with real time protection...

ponpon.nul

Gabriel a formulé la demande :
> what antivirus could I use in Win x64?
> *one with real time protection...

fOR ME. THE BEST IS nod32

Wich is available in beta for free. But works perfectly !

J0

Site : http://www.mesnews.net

NNBXX

I agree 100%

"ponpon.nul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gabriel a formulé la demande :
>> what antivirus could I use in Win x64?
>> *one with real time protection...

> fOR ME. THE BEST IS nod32
>
> Wich is available in beta for free. But works perfectly !
>
> J0
>
> --
> Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
> Site : http://www.mesnews.net

Jimmy!

Then you could always go out and BUY Symnatec Antivirus Corporate Edition
V10.0 (Can't seem to find a link to it atm)

JimmY!

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I agree 100%
>
> "ponpon.nul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Gabriel a formulé la demande :
>>> what antivirus could I use in Win x64?
>>> *one with real time protection...

>> fOR ME. THE BEST IS nod32
>>
>> Wich is available in beta for free. But works perfectly !
>>
>> J0
>>
>> --
>> Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
>> Site : http://www.mesnews.net

Colin Barnhorst

I am using eTrust AV 7.1 and it is running fine natively in 64bits. I got
mine from HP. You may be able to find an OEM cd on eBay.

news:u$(E-Mail Removed)...