Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 4 gb of ram not detected

4 gb of ram not detected

=?Utf-8?B?SW5ncmF0ZXI=?=

My Windows Xp Home Edition didn't detect my 4 gb ram. It only detected 2,75
gb. Because of this I downloaded the Windows Professional x64 Trial and
installed it as dual boot. But this System also only does detect 2,75 gb of
ram.
My Bios detecteds the 4gb of ram correctly.

Sorry for my bad englisch.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Bios->NorthBridge: Memory Hole remapping by software -> ENABLED.

et voila: 4 GB.

--
Jose Manuel Tella Llop
MVP - Windows

Also from davison:
I changed the memory hole setting in BIOS to Hardware (although Software
probably works too). I think that the BIOS was reserving 1.25 gb for my
nearly empty PCI slots.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com