Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > EZ trust Antivirus x64

EZ trust Antivirus x64

jackfrost64

Downloaded the x64 version of EZ trust antivirus and updated it to current
but, the Microsoft Security Center refuses to except thatat it is installed
and says that there is no antivirus installed.

Richard

Colin Barnhorst

EZTrust is not ready for 64-bits. It's cousin eTrust AV 7.1 is the
antivirus from Computer Associates that works on x64. In any event, you
should not be using EZTrust. eTrust AV 7.1 is not available from the Home
User portion of the CA website. You have to select Small and Medium
Business to find it. A free antivirus that works on x64 is Avast!. Some
users have reported minor issues with it so read back in this newsgroup.
Avast! is reported by the developer to still be in testing for x64 but
looking very good.

"jackfrost64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Downloaded the x64 version of EZ trust antivirus and updated it to current
> but, the Microsoft Security Center refuses to except thatat it is
> installed and says that there is no antivirus installed.
>

> Richard

jackfrost64

I know about avast and have used it but not very happy with it. I wasn't
born yesterday I know which E trust to down load and did and then Updated to
current an the security Center still refuses to recognize that any antivirus
is installed.

Richard

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> EZTrust is not ready for 64-bits. It's cousin eTrust AV 7.1 is the
> antivirus from Computer Associates that works on x64. In any event, you
> should not be using EZTrust. eTrust AV 7.1 is not available from the Home
> User portion of the CA website. You have to select Small and Medium
> Business to find it. A free antivirus that works on x64 is Avast!. Some
> users have reported minor issues with it so read back in this newsgroup.
> Avast! is reported by the developer to still be in testing for x64 but
> looking very good.
>
> "jackfrost64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Downloaded the x64 version of EZ trust antivirus and updated it to
>> current but, the Microsoft Security Center refuses to except thatat it is
>> installed and says that there is no antivirus installed.
>>

>> Richard

John Barnes

No need to get testy. This problem has been reported before. See
X64 locks up at SHUTDOWN sometimes - after running for a few days 7/12/2005
M Murcek posted his solution

"jackfrost64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know about avast and have used it but not very happy with it. I wasn't
>born yesterday I know which E trust to down load and did and then Updated
>to current an the security Center still refuses to recognize that any
>antivirus is installed.
>
> Richard
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> EZTrust is not ready for 64-bits. It's cousin eTrust AV 7.1 is the
>> antivirus from Computer Associates that works on x64. In any event, you
>> should not be using EZTrust. eTrust AV 7.1 is not available from the
>> Home User portion of the CA website. You have to select Small and Medium
>> Business to find it. A free antivirus that works on x64 is Avast!. Some
>> users have reported minor issues with it so read back in this newsgroup.
>> Avast! is reported by the developer to still be in testing for x64 but
>> looking very good.
>>
>> "jackfrost64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Downloaded the x64 version of EZ trust antivirus and updated it to
>>> current but, the Microsoft Security Center refuses to except thatat it
>>> is installed and says that there is no antivirus installed.
>>>

>>> Richard

Colin Barnhorst

Don't bother with the question if you can't deal with the answer.

"jackfrost64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know about avast and have used it but not very happy with it. I wasn't
>born yesterday I know which E trust to down load and did and then Updated
>to current an the security Center still refuses to recognize that any
>antivirus is installed.
>
> Richard
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> EZTrust is not ready for 64-bits. It's cousin eTrust AV 7.1 is the
>> antivirus from Computer Associates that works on x64. In any event, you
>> should not be using EZTrust. eTrust AV 7.1 is not available from the
>> Home User portion of the CA website. You have to select Small and Medium
>> Business to find it. A free antivirus that works on x64 is Avast!. Some
>> users have reported minor issues with it so read back in this newsgroup.
>> Avast! is reported by the developer to still be in testing for x64 but
>> looking very good.
>>
>> "jackfrost64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Downloaded the x64 version of EZ trust antivirus and updated it to
>>> current but, the Microsoft Security Center refuses to except thatat it
>>> is installed and says that there is no antivirus installed.
>>>

>>> Richard

Colin Barnhorst

That's because CA has not submitted EZTrust to MS for inclusion in Secruity
Center's database. For now you can turn off the red shield in the
notification area by opening the Security Center and on the panel on the
left click on the bottom link and then uncheck the bottom box.

"jackfrost64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know about avast and have used it but not very happy with it. I wasn't
>born yesterday I know which E trust to down load and did and then Updated
>to current an the security Center still refuses to recognize that any
>antivirus is installed.
>
> Richard
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> EZTrust is not ready for 64-bits. It's cousin eTrust AV 7.1 is the
>> antivirus from Computer Associates that works on x64. In any event, you
>> should not be using EZTrust. eTrust AV 7.1 is not available from the
>> Home User portion of the CA website. You have to select Small and Medium
>> Business to find it. A free antivirus that works on x64 is Avast!. Some
>> users have reported minor issues with it so read back in this newsgroup.
>> Avast! is reported by the developer to still be in testing for x64 but
>> looking very good.
>>
>> "jackfrost64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Downloaded the x64 version of EZ trust antivirus and updated it to
>>> current but, the Microsoft Security Center refuses to except thatat it
>>> is installed and says that there is no antivirus installed.
>>>

>>> Richard

=?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

I bought Norton Security Center Corporate Edition to get their x64 anti-virus
and it works like a champ. The problem is that it is pretty pricey ($149 on
eBay), but you have to do what you have to do. It's hell being an early
adopter sometimes.